Colorful Bee Hive Afghan
Start a buzz around your neighborhood with this Colorful Bee Hive Afghan from Roseanna Beck. Your neighbors will see this easy free afghan crochet pattern sitting in your front window and will want one of their own!
- 525 yds. Grey Heather Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 360 yds. Tea Leaf Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- Various 4-ply yarns for Round 2 which uses 6 yds.
- G, H and I crochet hooks or size needed for gauge
- Tapestry Needle
- Color Placement Pattern
SIZE: 43” x 49”
GAUGE: Motif measures 6” x 6 ½”
MOTIFS: (make 58)
- Rnd 1 – With G hook and grey ch 3 and form a ring, ch 3, work 11 dc in ring, join to top of beg ch 3 and fasten off. (12 dcs)
- Rnd 2 - With H hook join color with a sl st in dc, ch 2, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, *ch 1, skip 1 dc, Sh St in next dc, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 2 and fasten off.
- Rnd 3 – Join tea leaf with a sl st in any ch 2 sp, ch 2, (dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in same sp, *(dc, ch 1, dc) in next ch 1 sp, Sh St in next ch 2 sp, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 2 and fasten off.
- Rnd 4 – With I hook and grey join with a sl st in any ch 2 sp of Sh St, ch 2, work 4 dc in same sp,*ch 3, sc in ch 1 sp, ch 3, work 5 dc in next ch 2 sp, rep from * around, join to top of beg ch 2 and fasten off.
- Join with grey whipstitch motifs together as shown on Color Placement Example.
- With I hook and grey starting edgin at upper right corner join with a sl st in sc, ch 2, (dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in same sp, sc in next dc, ch 3, skip 1 dc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc, ch 3, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next sc, *sc in next dc, ch 3, (sc, ch 3, sc) in joining, ch 3, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next sc, sc in next dc, ch 3, skip 1 dc, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next dc, ch 3, skip 1 dc, sc in next dc, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next sc, rep from * around as established, join to top of beg ch 2 and fasten off.
Read NextThe Flowers of Spring Afghan
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Apr 23, 2013
To help with the sh st questions below....sh st is the abbreviation for shell stitch. Looking at the picture, and reading the first part of Rnd 2, the shell stitch in this pattern consists of 2dc, ch2, 2dc. Hope that helps!
May 24, 2017
Thank you Waylan!
Jul 27, 2012
I think the Sh stitch needs explaining as the previous questions show. It must be a shell stitch but no specifics as to number of double or triple crochet stitches and it doesn't look like a shell stitch in the picture, nor does it look like a cluster. I have another pattern that uses clusters and gets the same look. I need more specific instructions on the "Sh stitch".
Jun 29, 2012
were do yyou get the anser
Jun 29, 2012
were will it be posted
Jun 29, 2012
i also like pattern but don''t know what sh st mean and how its done
Apr 14, 2012
I like the pattern and will be trying it but I do have a question. I will more than likely feel foolish after getting the answer, but what does Sh St mean and how is it done? Thanks.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use