Arrr! That's hello in pirate lingo. If you want to have some fun, do some pirate crafts! After an afternoon of making your own treasure monkey, you'll be full of pirate phrases and classic pirate one liners. Walk the plank of fun!
DecoArt Products Required
- Americana Acrylics
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO3 - Buttermilk
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA259 - Cocoa
- DA280 - Autumn Red
- DA282 - Green Tea
- DA283 - Blue Harbor
- DA286 - Terra Coral
- 6" x 5" rectangle, Lara's Crafts Creative Shapes
- Tracing and transfer paper
- #12 flat brush
- #0 liner brush
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Sponge brush
- Small round sponge pouncer
- Square wood crate
- Monkey, Jumbo Pals
Note:Allow to dry between steps.
- Use sponge brush and Green Tea to paint crate inside and out.
- Use sponge brush and Blue Harbor to paint rectangle.
- Use #12 flat brush to paint monkey arms, tail, neck, ears, and part of face Cocoa. Paint bandana, Autumn Red; eyes, Snow White; muzzle, Buttermilk; and inside ears, Terra Coral.
- Paint rolled map in monkey's hand Buttermilk and Green Tea.
- Use sponge pouncer and Green Tea to stamp inside dots on bandana.
- Trace and transfer lettering and X.
- Use liner brush and Snow White to paint lettering on rectangle.
- Use liner brush and Lamp Black to paint dash lines.
- Use #12 brush brush and Lamp Black to paint X.
- Position and adhere elements onto crate.
- A fine permanent marker can be used to re-do lines covered by paint.
Read NextToy Animal Photo Holders