We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"A colorful stenciled chalkboard frame... fun for both kids and grown-ups."
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Walnut Hollow Rustic Pallet Frame, 11 by 12 by 2-Inch
- DecoArt Americana Mixed Media Stencil, 12 by 12-Inch, Retro Mod
- DecoArt American Acrylic Paints: White Wash, Watermelon Slice, Marigold, Foliage Green, French Grey Blue
- DecoArt Americana Creme Wax-Clear
- Sanding Block
- Clean Soft Cloth
Sand the front of the frame.
Paint the entire frame with white acrylic paint.
Paint the top of each pallet section with different acrylic colors. A modified rainbow.
The stencil has four unique patterns. Stencil one pattern per colored section.
Mask off each section of the wood before stenciling.
Stencil using a stipple brush and white acrylic paint.
Allow painted frame to dry completely.
To mute to colors: Lightly sand the frame with a sanding block. (optional)
For an added sheen: Apply clear crme wax to front of frame, allow to sit for one hour and buff.
Add a small chalkboard to the inside of the frame.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- T-Shirt Trick-or-Treat Bag
- Easy Jack O Lantern Softie
- Always Thankful Free Printable
- DIY Glitter Glam Pumpkins
- Googly Eyes Napkin Rings
- Halloween Candy Bouquet
- Glitzy & Glittery Pine Cone
- 3D Trees
- Scrap Denim Angels
- Scrappy Tree
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home