Alligator Rose Pots
Watch out for the alligator! This one won't hurt you. He's cute and green and easy to make. This rose pot needs to be decorated with green neons and acrylics. This is a cute craft to use for show and tell or to decorate a bedroom.
- Americana Neons
- DHS5 - Thermal Green
- Americana Acrylics
- DA230 - Festive Green
- DA235 - Citron Green
- Two 2 1/2" rose pots
- Green foam sheet
- 1 1/2" Styrofoam cone tip
- 2 wiggle eyes
- Two 1 1/2" Styrofoam balls
- Tracing and transfer paper
- 1" wood disk, optional
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plates
- Paper towels
- Pen or stylus
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Permanent fine point black marker
NOTE: Let dry between steps.
- Position and glue pots top to top. (Refer to photo for placement.)
- Position and glue Styrofoam cone top to one end of pots for tail.
- Paint body Citron Green.
- Paint over Citron Green with Thermal Green.
- Use brush handle end and Festive Green to dot over body.
- Press Styrofoam balls on craft surface to flatten one side. Rotate and flatten adjoining side. Position and glue wiggle eye to one flat side of ball. Position other flat side onto body and adhere. Repeat for second eye. Paint eyelids Citron Green.
- Trace and transfer pattern for feet onto green foam and teeth on white foam. Use scissors to cut out. Position and adhere to body.
- Optional: Glue wood disk, button, or other flat object on bottom to prevent rolling.
Read NextPinecone Owls