We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Drew Emborsky, aka The Crochet Dude, was taught to crochet at age five by his mom while snowbound in Lake Tahoe. After studying fine art in college and doing the "starving artist" thing for a few years, he found solace in crocheting for charity while grieving the passing of his mother. It was during this time with the charity group that he became know as "The Crochet Dude", which then led to the launch of his wildly popular blog in 2005.
Drew blogs and creates from his studio in Houston, TX with his cats Chandler and Cleocatra.
Drew is the crochet expert on the hit show Knit & Crochet Now! airing currently on PBS nationwide.
He has been featured in national publications including BUST Magazine, Interweave Crochet, Knit.1, Knit 'n Style, Knit Simple, and Crochet Today!, as well as international newspapers such as The Sunday Telegraph (in London).
Drew's full-length books:
Crochet It. Love It. Wear It! (Leisure Arts 2010)
The Crochet Dude's Designs for Guys (Lark Books 2008)
Men Who Knit And the Dogs Who Love Them (Lark Books - 2006)
Drew's pocket-sized books:
In All Caps (Leisure Arts 2009)
All Washed Up (Leisure Arts 2009)
Sweet Pet Comforts (Leisure Arts 2009)
Must Have Handbags (Leisure Arts 2009)
Drew provides design support to: Tilli Tomas Luxury Yarns, Caron International, Lion Brand, Coats & Clark, South West Trading Co., & Conjoined Creations
He has made various guest appearances on craft shows such as: Uncommon Threads (HGTV-DIY) Knitty Gritty (HGTV-DIY) Needlearts Studio with Shay Pendray (PBS) Paint, Paper, & Crafts (PBS).
Projects on FaveCrafts:
Hear Drew talk about his projects on the May 4, 2011 FaveCrafts Radio episode.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crochet a mesh dishcloth out of a produce bag! You don't need to throw away the bag your oranges came in, and you don't need to go out… Continue reading: "Mesh Dishcloth Crochet Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Edible Outer Space Play Dough
- Easy Curled Ribbon Ornaments
- Diy Fabric Mason Jar Lid Ornaments
- Hairpin Lace Sleeveless Top
- What is Tatting?
- How To Paint On Glass
- How To Make Lipgloss
- Party Food Ideas: How To Make An Impressive Owl Meatloaf
- You've Been Booed Printable
- Campfire Earflap Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home