Upcycled Water Jug Bank
Stay hydrated and get creative at the same time! Collage craft ideas take on a whole new look with this Upcycled Water Jug Bank from Savannah Starr. Add this bank you your desktop or mantel and start saving for a fantastic voyage or must-have product.
- Empty water jug
- Collage medium
- Brush – 1/2″ shader
- Tissue paper – colors of your choice
- Magazine clippings – words of your choice
- Ephmera of your choice – vintage travel prints, postcards
- Charms of your choice
- Wipe down the outside of the water jug to clean the surface.
- Select the items that you want to collage onto the water jug such as magazine clippings, postcard clip art, scrapbook papers and tissue papers. Tear the tissue into pieces. Cut or tear out magazine words.
- Brush collage medium onto small section of jug.
- Lay torn tissue into collage medium.
- Brush over top of tissue with collage medium.
- Repeat to add more tissue and magazine clippings.
- I also glued vintage travel prints over the tissue paper.
- I really like the look of the torn postcard!
- Just to remind myself to save, save, save, I added a dollar sign charm to the throat of my collaged water jug.
- I also left some areas of the water jug un-collaged so that I could peek in and see the coins and dollars that I have been dropping into my super cool new travel savings bank!
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Collaged Water Jug Bank.
Read NextSchool Bus Photo Collage