Pretty Holiday Barrette
It's easy to show your Christmas spirit with a Pretty Holiday Barrette from Candace Jedrowicz! Christmas hair accessories are a fun and easy way to add a festive touch to any outfit. Make some noise this season with a cute, fun wearable craft.
- Garland – 36″
- Accent garland – 12″
- Wire – 24 – 26 gauge – floral wire would be sufficient
- Chain nose pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Begin by cutting your garland in alternating lengths of 5 and 6 beads. Cut the accent garland in 1 1/2″ lengths, or with large beads on both ends.
- With 18″ of wire, begin wrapping tightly between the beads: the center of 6 beads alternate between the 2nd and 3rd of 5 beads.
- Be sure to leave a wire tail before the first row of beads to attach to the barrette.
- Wrap the wire around the bead string twice on each row and add the next row as close as possible. Be sure to leave a wire tail on this end, too.
- When all the bead rows have been added, look at both sides to determine the top and bottom. The side with a straight line of wire showing is the bottom.
- Wrap one of the wire tails through the hole in one end of the barrette.
- Wrap the other wire tail through the other end.
- The rows of beads will be too long to lay flat so scrunch it together as much as possible.
- With an 18″ piece of wire, wrap between the rows and around the barrette, behind the metal arc of the barrette.
- Add the accents in several places on the barrette with a 12″ piece of wire. Wrap around the center and pull the wire tight to make the ends of the accents stand up.
- Add colorful bells here and there, attaching them with wire.Be sure to tuck all wire ends under.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Holiday Jingle Barrette.
Read NextCrochet Santa Hat