Loopy Jute Twine DIY Christmas Garland
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Finger crocheting or knitting are very popular right now! I do neither. While looking at a how-to video explaining finger crocheting, a light bulb went on about making a garland out of twine using a slipknot. I know, imagine a simple slipknot! So I pulled out my very large roll of jute twine and started making slipknots. I first tied a knot on one end and then basically tied another knot to form a loop and continued tying knots with loops. A cute little pattern of loops were forming and I liked how it was looking."
Estimated Cost: Under $10
Time to complete: Under an hour
Main Material: Yarn
- Jute Twine
- First, make a loop with the twine.
- With your right fingers, push the twine through the loop and out creating a knot with a loop and tighten. This is call a slipknot.
- Once you've made the first slipknot (with loop) continue making another slipknot with a loop using your fingers.
- Keep tying knots and forming loops and you'll soon see a resulting cute pattern of loops!
- The spacing between the loops can be tighten by adjusting the loop.
- Slipknots can easily be pulled out so once you're satisfied with the look of the garland loops, add a drop of baric glue to the knots and let dry.
- Tie on red bells to the garland for a festive look!
Jute twine is the main material used, but this can also be done using thick yarn.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- Messy Bun Crochet Hat
- Simple Slouch Pom Pom Beanie Crochet Hat
- Double V Slouch Beanie Crochet Hat
- Paint Storage Idea
- Amore Altered Altoid Tin Fo Valentine's Day
- Heart Origami Valentine Banner
- Faux Flower Heart Wreath
- Easy Romantic Rose or Flowers Earrings Tutorial
- No Sew Fleece Scarf
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home