Gingerbread Cookie Garland
Deck the halls with boughs of cookies with this Gingerbread Cookie Garland! Sweet gingerbread man dance along this seasonal DIY garland...and Christmas decor like this is great to use on your mantel, on your wall, or even right within your Christmas tree. Using sheets of foam to create your gingerbread men, this lightweight holiday garland is great for kids, too and would make a fun classroom project! Cut a cookie for each student and let them decorate it as they see fit! Hang it on display in your classroom for all the students to see and admire!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Sheet: ½” x 12” x 36”
- Metal Cookie Cutters: Gingerbread Man, Star and Circle Ornament
- Acrylic Paint: Cinnamon Brown
- Fabric Paint: White
- (3 Yards) ¼” Satin Ribbon: Red
- Baker’s Twine: Red/White
- Make It: Fun® Foam Tools
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- Press the cookie cutter into the foam. Press firmly, making sure to go all the way through the foam sheet. Remove the cutter from the foam and gently press out the foam shape from the cutter. Use the rasp from the tool kit to gently smooth the edges of the shape.
- Paint foam shapes cinnamon brown and let dry. Insert the tuck tool through the foam shape to create two small slits about ½” apart. This is where you will thread the ribbon through the shapes.
- Decorate the shapes with white fabric paint and let dry. Tie bows around the gingerbread men with baker’s twine as shown.
- Thread the shapes onto the red satin ribbon to hang.
Read NextCinnamon Angel Garland