The Gingerbread Frame
Decorate a wood frame into a holiday gingerbread man frame using acrylics and holiday paper. This is great to showcase your favorite holiday memory, from Beacon Adhesives.
- DAZZLE-TAC JEWELRY GLUE
- Red & white dotted grosgrain ribbon 1⁄2” wide, 1 1⁄2 yards
- Square 8” wood frame with a 3” cutout, or similar product
- Red & tan holiday paper, preferably with some vertical striping
- Tiny red & green buttons
- Paper cutter or trimmer
- Small gingerbread man cookie cutter, no more than 2” high
- Assorted plastic, dimensional embellishments such as stars, gingerbread men, lights & phrases
- Gold cording
- Copper acrylic paint
- Red acrylic paint
- White & black dimensional paper paints
- Scissors, old credit card, protective surface for cutting clay, small PVC pipe for rolling out clay or Lucite roller, pencil, sponge brush, small 1⁄4” flat craft brush, jar, water & paper towels for clean up, small piece of fine sandpaper.
- Paint frame front, back, and side using sponge brush and red paint. Let dry. Lightly sand and apply a second coat.
- Lay frame on the back of the holiday paper and trace around the edges and photo insert. Use a paper trimmer to cut out edges and small scissors to cut out insert.
- Apply ZIP DRY to the front of the frame, spreading it out using the old credit card. Place holiday paper onto glued frame, smoothing out wrinkles or rough spots.
- Cut lengths of gold cord and glue vertically onto frame with DAZZLE-TAC as seen in the photo. Cut off edges using scissors.
- Cut lengths of the red dotted grosgrain ribbon long enough to fit around the perimeter and photo insert area. Glue on with DAZZLE-TAC.
- Roll out paper clay to about 1/8” thickness onto protective area. Cut out four gingerbread men using the cookie cutter. Set aside to dry. Paint front and sides with the copper acrylic paint and brush. Dry and add “icing” to each man using the white dimensional paint. Add smiles and eyes with the black dimensional paint.
- Glue one red and one green button to each man with DAZZLE-TAC and then glue each to one corner of the frame as in the photo. Finish the frame by gluing on embellishments of choice.