Simple Rhinestone Recycled Ornament
Greet the holiday season with some Christmas craft ideas that will get the whole family in on the action. You will love hanging this Simple Rhinestone Recycled Ornament on your tree year after year. This ornament is simple, sparkly, and (best of all) made from recycled items. This easy Christmas craft will make you think twice before throwing anything out. Create a Simple Rhinestone Recycled Ornament, and you will see how easy it is to get inspired by old "junk."
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
- Recycled lids (preferably plain and metallic in color)
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Power drill
- Drill a very small hole into the edges of each canning lid with your power drill.
- Brush a thick layer of Mod Podge onto the inside area of the lid. Start placing your rhinestones down into the glue. Continue to fill in with more stones and use more glue as you fill in the gaps. It is OK to overlap the pieces with each other. Some of the stones may flip upside down . . . but don’t worry if they do! The mirrored bottoms of the gems will add more shine and texture to your ornament. Once the inside of the lid is completely covered with gems, allow the glue to dry.
- Take your bottle of Dimensional Magic and carefully pour the material in and around the gemstones until the jewels are almost covered in the glue. Allow the DM to dry overnight. When the thick glue is dry, it will be crystal clear! It will look like your gems are embedded in resin.
- Thread a length of thin ribbon through the pre-drill holes and tie the ends to create a ribbon loop. Hang your pretty, recycled holiday ornament on your tree this year!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Christmas Crafts"
Hundreds of free craft projects for Christmas decor or homemade Christmas gifts. Decorate your home for less with Christmas craft projects, ornament projects, holiday wreaths and more. Give festive Christmas gifts with these craft projects.
Sign Up for Free Holiday Crafts