We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Everyone loves a good Christmas card. These little tokens let the ones you love know that you're thinking of them, and the family photo-ops they create are always iconic, whether they're precious or hilarious! Now you can present your Christmas photos with festive flair using this Rustic Stars DIY Christmas Card Holder. This homemade Christmas card holder uses neutral toned cardstock and a die-cut plaid star to create a securely hold your holiday memories. With a clipped twine bow and ruffled cardboard fastener, this holiday card display will make you want to keep your Christmas cards out all year round!
Enter for a chance to win the Xyron Create a Sticker Machine Bundle Giveaway during the 10 Days of Thanks! This giveaway runs until November 18th and you can receive an extra entry by commenting below on this page. Be sure to also check out the grand prize giveaway featuring all the daily prizes in the 10 Days of Thanks!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
Age GroupPre-Teens, Teens
Project TypeMake a Project
- Xyron® 3" Disposable Sticker Maker
- Xyron® Mega Runner
- Xyron® Mega Runner Refill
- White A2 card base
- Kraft Cardstock
- White cardstock
- Kraft Corrugated Paper (cardboard)
- Colorbox® Paintbox Ink
- Waffle Flower™ Plaid Play Stamp
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Green
- Natural Jute twine
- Mini clothespins (white and green)
- Stamp Block
- Umbrella Crafts Star Die Nesting Set
- Cuttlebug® Die Cutting Machine
Create a background paper using 3 colors of blue and green Clearsnap Inks. Stamp Waffle Flower Plaid Play Stamps on a green plaid on white cardstock.
Die cut or punch out 4 stars from the plaid paper just created.
Start with an A2 size card as the base and cut a section of Kraft Cardstock to be 5.25'' x 4'' and ink the edges of both the card and Kraft Paper in 2 (1 each) of the colors of ink used in the plaid stamp.
Splatter green Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist into the Kraft section of the card.
Glue the inked and misted Kraft paper to the white A2 card base with the Xyron® Mega Runner.
Cut a section of the corrugated paper (cardboard) that is 4'' x 1'' and ink with one of the ink colors in the plaid paper.
Run the inked corrugated paper (cardboard) and plaid star into the Xyron® 3" Disposable Sticker Maker.
Run an additional small piece of cardboard 2 times through (on both sides) to make it a cardboard pop dot in the Xyron® 3" Sticker Maker.
Stick down the corrugated inked paper to the bottom 1/3 of the card horizontally.
Place the plaid star over the corrugated paper on the left side and help pop it up with the additional pop dot cardboard under the star point sections.
Add a bow or a circle of natural jute twine and a tiny green or white mini clothespin to one corner of the star to complete the card.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of November 19th, 2018.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until November 18th, 2018 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What's your favorite Christmas cardboard craft? Let us know below in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"A gathered waist dress pattern is the perfect clothing item for summer! Fun and easy to sew, this women's summer dress pattern and… Continue reading: "Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern"
- Names of Christ Christmas Tree Decorating Idea
- Retro-Inspired Christmas Scene Ornaments
- Crepe Paper Floral Christmas Wreath
- Repurposed Sweater Christmas Trees
- Faux Christmas Gumball Machine
- Christmas Tree Mason Jar Craft
- Printable Christmas Games Coloring Workbook
- Mason Jar Christmas Gifts with Ball®
- Gorgeous Felt Garland from Sweater Scraps
- Mrs Santa, Christmas Apron Pattern -an Easy Project with Lights:
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Ironing Board Cover
- Diy Fabric Basket
- Glistening Snowflake Made From Recycled Cd
- Thrifty And Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Homemade Holiday Gift Envelopes
- Festive Wine Cork Christmas Trees
- Juneau Blues Beanie
- Christmas Wreath Ornament
- Santa Cork Gnome
- Woodland Wolf Hat
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home