Recycled CD Holiday Ornament
Create a personalized ornament to add to your collection by using a recycled CD! Not only does it provide a sturdy base for your ornament, but you can design some neat looks with its circular shape. This would is a great project to showcase your family’s holiday photos through the years. It’s an ideal project to use the circle cutter for. Have fun getting creative!
- Fiskars “Pine for You” Squeeze Punch (01-03771)
- Fiskars “Sugar & Spice” Squeeze Punch (01-003773)
- Fiskars Circle Cutter (93807097 )
- Fiskars Adhesive Foam Set (12-2487 )
- Fiskars 12-inch Rotary Portable Trimmer (12-9908 7097)
- Li’l Davis Designs Tis the Season papers
- Heidi Grace Designs Reagan’s Closet Clear Stamp (believe)
- Cloud 9 Design Autumn Fun epoxy stickers
- Recycled CD
- green stamp ink
- cardstock in white and green
- Use a recycled CD as the ornament base.
- Cut one circle using the green cardstock to cover one side of the CD. Adhere.
- Attach the photo to the right side of the circle. Trim off excess to maintain the circle shape.
- Stamp the word “believe” in a row with green ink on white cardstock. Trim a strip & adhere above the photo.
- Add a small strip of striped patterned paper above the word strip. Always trim any excess papers to keep the circle shape of the ornament.
- Place a narrow strip of red patterned paper to the left of the photo.
- Punch about six gingerbread man shapes using light brown cardstock. Arrange and adhere them to the green part of the ornament, to create a repeating pattern. Again, trim off excess. Add tiny epoxy circles to the gingerbread men.
- Punch one tree using green cardstock. Adhere in place using a foam adhesive. Add tiny epoxy circles.