We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"What do you do with all those beautiful cards you receive for Christmas and special Occasions? Make them even more special by turning them into unique gift boxes and tags!! Recycle and re-gift! This is such a fun way to recycle, but the little boxes are so neat, I've even bought boxes of cards on sale to make little boxes from them...."
Estimated Cost: Under $10
Time to complete: Under an hour
Main Material: Recycled Materials
- Paper Trimmer, or craft knife and ruler
- Embossing Tool, or dead ball point pen
- Cut the cards in half along the fold line.
- Emboss a border around the card about 1" from the edge. It can be wider if you need a deeper box. It's only important that the border be the same size all the way around.
- Make one cut at each corner from the outer edge to the spot where the embossed lines cross.
- Fold all edges to the back.
- Glue tabs to sides on the inside to create the box top.
- Create the box bottom from the other side of the card. For a neater fit, make the border about 1/16" wider.
- Add ribbon, or any other embellishments you may have.
- Use as a gift box for a gift, or add to your holiday decorations!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Unique Tampon Angel Christmas Ornament
Cute Cork Gingerbread House
Adorable Button Card Ornaments
Christmas Tree Mason Jar Craft
Crochet Snowman Family
Teardrop Christmas Ornaments
Wooden NOEL Christmas Mantel Decoration
Wooden Spool Ornaments
Quick Spiral Quilt Christmas Tree Skirt
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Saint Wine Charms
- 21 Pipe Cleaner Crafts for Kids and Adults
- Even Moss Stitch Boot Cuff
- Geometric Painting Coloring Page
- Flower Crowned Hummingbird Coloring Page
- Flower Bunny Coloring Page
- Beaded Stone Paper Weights
- Keep Dreaming Adult Coloring Page
- Ballerina Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Star Stitch Neck Warmer
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home