Holly Jolly Christmas Reindeer Sign
Spell out your "Holly Jolly" Christmas greetings on a bright and sparkling wall hanging. This adorable reindeer is here to wish you and yours a wonderful holiday season. This simple DIY Christmas craft is great for hanging both indoors and out and also makes a wonderful gift for a friend or neighbor. Easy enough for crafters of all skill levels, this project is a fun and festive way to get your home ready for Christmas. You can even customize this sign to have a different holiday greeting! However you make it, this project is sure to bring a smile to your face.
- Americana Acrylics in the following colors: Snow (Titanium) White, Kelly Green, Raw Sienna, and Citron Green
- SoSoft Dimensional Writers in the following colors: White, Festive Red, Festive Green, Black, and Gold
- Americana Gloss Spray
- 1 1/4" and 3/4" round foam pouncer brushes
- 1/2" flat brush
- 1" flat brush
- 1" painter's tape
- Foam plate
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- 7" section of 3/16" wide dowel
- Gold craft wire
- Assorted beads and small jingle bells
- 6" x 8" piece of canvas sheet, medium weight, acrylic primed (purchased as canvas pads)
- Use Snow White to paint 1" ends of dowels; let dry.
- Use painter's tape to mark off 1" stripes across short width of canvas; secure tape well to avoid seepage.
- Paint stripes Citron Green; let dry and remove tape from canvas.
- Use Raw Sienna and large pouncer to paint reindeer head; use smaller pouncer to paint muzzle; let dry.
- Use Kelly Green and 1" flat brush to paint triangle for gift package; let dry.
- Use Gold SoSoft Dimensional Writer to paint antlers on deer.
- Use Festive Red Writer to dot nose on deer, paint ribbon and bow on gift, and write words "Have," "a," and "Christmas."
- Use Black Writer to dots eyes on deer.
- Use White Writer to paint dots on gift package.
- Use Festive Green Writer to write words "holly jolly"; let dry.
- Spray canvas with Americana Gloss Spray and let dry.
- Wrap top edge of painted canvas around center of dowel and glue in place.
- Cut piece of wire for hanger to desired length, allowing extra length for curling wire. Wrap one end of wire around dowel hanger at one side; glue end of wire in place at back side of dowel.
- Place beads and bells as desired on wire hanger and twist wire around pencil or dowel to shape as desired and hold beads or bells in place. Wrap loose end of wire around remaining dowel end and glue in place at back.