Easy Cookie Cutter Recycled Christmas Ornament
Use old Christmas cards to create ornaments in a flash with iron-on threads and cookie cutter shapes. Pop these into holiday gift bags or mail the flat ornaments with this year's Christmas cards. These ornaments are a snap!
- Kreinik 1/8" Iron-on Ribbon in your choice of colors (we like 6130 Red, 6225 Gold, 6300 Meadow, 6010 Pearl, or 6020 Silver)
- Kreinik #16 Iron-on Braid in your choice of colors
- Kreinik #8 Iron-on Braid in your choice of colors
- Kreinik teflon press cloth
- Cookie cutters in desired shapes (we used a house shape)
- Old Christmas cards
- Mini iron or household iron
- Ironing surface
- Pen or pencil for tracing
- Turn your iron on to the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, trace the outline of the cookie cutter shape onto your Christmas cards, then cut out.
- To begin decorating, lay your iron-on ribbon at the edge of your card design. Cover the thread with the Teflon Press Cloth, then press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue this way, laying the thread around the border. You may want to start and end at the top of your design so that you can leave extra thread for the loop.
- If desired, decorate other parts of the card with the thinner iron-on braids. Always use the Teflon Press Cloth to keep the adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron.
- Use the thin Iron-on #8 Braid to make your initials or write the year on the front or back of the card ornament.
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Easy Recycled Christmas Ornament 3
Recycled Belt Leather Bracelets
Read NextNorth Pole Snowman Cocoa
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.