Easy Recycled Christmas Ornament
Use holiday cookie cutters, old Christmas cards and iron-on threads to create super-simple Christmas ornaments that look lovely on the tree. Share these ornaments with friends or host a party and create the easy ornaments together. This is a great way to recycle thoes old Christmas cards.
- Kreinik 1/8" Iron-on Ribbon in your choice of colors (we like 6130 Red, 6225 Gold, 6300 Meadow, 6010 Pearl, or 6020 Silver)
- Kreinik #16 Iron-on Braid in your choice of colors
- Kreinik #8 Iron-on Braid in your choice of colors
- Kreinik teflon press cloth
- Cookie cutters in desired shapes
- Old Christmas cards
- Mini iron or household iron
- Ironing surface
- Pen or pencil for tracing
- Turn your iron on to the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, trace the outline of the cookie cutter shape onto your Christmas cards, then cut out.
- To begin decorating, lay your iron-on ribbon at the edge of your card design. Cover the thread with the Teflon Press Cloth, then press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Continue this way, laying the thread around the border. You may want to start and end at the top of your design so that you can leave extra thread for the loop.
- If desired, decorate other parts of the card with the thinner iron-on braids. Always use the Teflon Press Cloth to keep the adhesive in the thread from sticking to your iron.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.
If you like this project, we also suggest: