Brand New Holiday Coasters
If you're tired of using napkins to avoid water rings on wooden tables, try making a few Brand New Holiday Coasters. These are simple Christmas home decorating ideas that will have your house ready for a holiday party in no time.Follow this easy tutorial and learn how to make coasters that will make you the talk of the party. Greet the season with these Brand New Holiday Coasters and make your home a warm and welcoming place to gather.
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Green Olive
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® 2oz Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint - Tartan Red
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Multi-Surface Finish - Durable Matte, 8oz
- Martha Stewart Crafts ® Decoupage Rolled Papers - Metallic Crosshatch
- Four ceramic tile coasters 4”
- Flat brush ½”
- Foam plates
- Paper towels
- Water basin
- Clean the surface with soap and water.
- Base coat two of the coasters with Tartan Red and Green Olive. Leave the remaining two tile color.
- Cut pieces of Crosshatch paper slightly larger than tile. Cut one each of the silver and gold paper and two of the natural.
- Brush the Multi-Surface Durable Matte Finish over surface of tile and the back of the paper cutouts. Place paper over tile and squeegee any excess medium while smoothing the paper. Trim excess paper. Repeat with all four tiles.
- Carefully punch out images from die cut sheet. Brush Multi-Surface Durable Matte Finish onto backs and center of tiles as shown. Lightly squeegee to smooth and let dry.
- Referring to the Multi-Surface Durable Matte Finish bottle, apply several coats of medium over surface of tile to seal.