Berries and Holly Christmas Decor
Decorate with colors and glitter this holiday season. Create your own quick and easy Christmas decor. Spray paints, holly and fruit garland will make this decoration a unique one.
STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Stars: 11", one; 8", two; 6", three
- Artificial holly with red glitter berries, two branches
- Spray paints: copper and dk. gold metallic stone-finish; gold glitter
- Green reindeer moss, small amount
- Crystal fruit garland, 72" long
- Floral shears or wire cutters
- Fine-gauge floral wire
- Floral U-pins
- Brown floral tape
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Large cardboard box
- Optional: Disposable rubber gloves
Put on rubber gloves, if desired. Place foam stars inside box. Following manufacturer's instructions, spray both sides of each star with copper and dk. gold stone-finish paints. Let dry.
Spray stars with glitter paint; let dry. Glue one 4" star to center of each larger star.
Place holly branches end to end, forming a semi-circle. Overlap and secure stems with floral wire; wrap wired portion with floral tape.
Drape fruit garland over holly stems, forming two swags of different lengths. Wire garland to holly; wrap wired portion with floral tape.
Using photo as guide, glue stars to holly branches. Bend a few leaves around star edges. Secure stars to holly with floral pins.
For hanger, cut 12" length from floral wire. Fold wire in half and twist ends together to secure. Glue twisted ends into center back of largest star; secure with floral pins.
- Glue small pieces of reindeer moss to any exposed wire, pins or stems.
If you like this project, we also suggest:
Read NextPopsicle Stick Snowflake