Easter Egg Candle
Use this candle making technique to embed easter eggs, wax chunks or other embeds in pillar or container candles. Use your creativity to create beautiful candles.
- Easter Eggs, wax chunks or embed
- Pre-wick Assembly
- Jars or Molds
- Over pour wax or gel
- Select, clean, wick, and prepare your jars or molds as you normally do.
- Insert wax Easter eggs, chunks, or embeds into the mold or jar being careful not to disrupt the wick. You can make your own chunks with scrap wax by pouring the wax into a pan and slice into chunks when soft and pliable before totally hardening.
- Pour the appropriate type of white or lightly colored wax or gel around the embeds, eggs, or chunks. If using wax, chunks will be suitable. If using gel, eggs or other embeds are the way to go. Remember that gel pillar candles require a special gel that is specially formulated for making pillars.
- Light the candle and watch as the melt pool changes colors as it melts the various chunks. Take careful note of your pour temperature vs. the melt point of your chunks or embeds and make any adjustments necessary.
Read NextCitronella Wine Bottle Crafts