Blue and Silver Candleholders
Use these package candleholders for a gathering such as a baby shower or bridal shower. They make for great decoration pieces and they light up the room.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Cube, 3"
- Sculpturing Block, 18" x 4" x 4"
- Scrapbooking papers of choice, one 12" x 12" sheet for 3" cube; two sheets for 4" cube
- Acrylic paint to match paper(s)
- Candle cups, three
- Beaded floral trim
- Medium-weight aluminum tooling metal
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Disposable palette
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Metal-edge ruler
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Extra-long straight pins
- Craft/utility knife with new blade and cutting mat
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin. Cut two 4" cubes from foam sculpturing block.
- Cut paper strips to cover sides of foam cubes as follows: one 4" x 12" strip for 3" cube; two 5" x 12" strips for each 4" cube. Fold over 1/2" along top and bottom edges of each strip; open paper flat.
- Starting and ending at center back, wrap paper strips around sides of cube. Align folds with top and bottom edges of cube; crease paper at corners. For 4" cube, piece paper strips as needed to cover foam; trim excess. Remove paper strips and fold crisply along creased lines.
- Glue and pin paper strips back onto cube, with 1/2" extending above and below edges. Clip corners so excess paper will lay flat against foam; glue paper to foam.
- Cut paper squares to cover tops of foam cubes as follows: 2-3/4" for 3" cube; 3-3/4" for each 4" cube. Glue squares to cubes.
- Paint candle cups and let dry.
- Gently flatten tooling metal on cutting mat. Use craft knife and metal-edge ruler to cut following "ribbon" lengths from metal: ten 1/2" x 5" strips for 3" cube; ten 5/8" x 6" strips for each 4" cube.
- For each cube, fold over 1/4" at one end of four metal ribbon lengths. Use glue gun to glue folded ends to center bottom of appropriate cube and then gently fold up over side onto top, just like a package. Note: Ribbons will not meet exactly at center top, but this allows easier candle cup insertion. Glue ribbon ends to top of package.
- Gently bend four metal strips into loops and glue diagonally to center top of package. Cut a "v" into one end of each remaining length for tails and glue to top of package, allowing cut ends to flow downward; spot glue to secure.
- Use craft knife to cut an "X" into center top of cube. Glue and push candle cup down into top of cube. Glue bead trim to package top as desired.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextHome Blessing Candle