Beach and Seashell Glass Candle Rings
Surround your candles with the look of the beach. Seashells and starfish are going to make these candle rings remind you of summertime. These are great for having people over.
- STYROFOAM* Brand Foam:
- Wreath, 6" X 1-1/4" X 1-1/4"
- Seashells, 2" or smaller, about nine assorted pair
- Sea glass, 1" or smaller, pale blue/green/white assortment
- Shell/Glass Rings (front, left center):
- Shell/Starfish Ring (top right):
- Shells: whole tellin or scallop, about 18; 3/4" turrids, about 50
- Votive candle
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
- Small starfish, five
- Optional: Matte-finish white spray paint
- Wash and dry shells and sea glass if needed.
- For formal look (front), glue pairs of shells to foam wreath, opposite one another. Begin with largest shells, moving to smallest. Fill spaces between shells with sea glass.
- For more casual, natural look (left center), glue a favorite large shell to wreath, then surround with smaller shells and sea glass. Continue until entire top of wreath is covered. Glue sea glass to inner and outer foam edges.
- For starfish ring (top), paint turrid shells white if desired; let dry. Glue shells around wreath edge, close together with points up; let dry.
- Glue large shells to top of wreath, facing one direction and slightly overlapped. Glue starfish to top of shells as shown. Let dry.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextCute DIY Teacup Candle
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
May 18, 2017
A really beautiful DIY for your wedding party tables. Personally, I would use an unscented tea light candle for the inside instead of a votive. Less mess to contend with. You can even buy your shells and sea glass in bulk from the dollar store if you don't want to glue up your personal stash from your vacations. Pretty!
Dec 22, 2016
These candle holders look absolutely adorable! I love everything related to beach. I will collect shells, sea glass and all the pretty things needed to make these candle holders. They will fit perfectly with the beach theme at my home. Cant wait to start! Thank you for sharing this nice idea!
rhonfischer 259403 8
Apr 06, 2012
I love these. We are going to use them for table centerpeices for a beach wedding. Perfect. Thank you
Jun 12, 2010
hi, we used to make these candles, i used CD they work just as well. and i used the little cup and put the tea candles in them. they work just as well. used hot Glue, and can used Fine Ribbons &Trimmings for the Edge. we make these all the time, can make them any way you want they all turn out nice. i gave them as gifts . and everyone Love them. Bonnie Figard from Konxville Tn
Aug 26, 2012
hi bonnie I love on SS which is very limted would u happen to have a pic u can send to me so I can see how u did these? I have plenty of shells as I live in Florida but Im not good at picturing things in my mind due to a stroke, f not I understand thanks anne
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use