Gypsy Fabric Bracelets
Take a trip to another time and place with amazing jewelry craft ideas! Save your fat quarters and paper coffee cups and create your own Gypsy Fabric Bracelets from Candace Jedrowicz. Add wire to your bracelet for a cool, unexpected touch.
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Paper coffee cups
- Craft knife
- Several fabulous fabrics
- 20 gauge wire
- Round nosed pliers
- Wire cutters
- Use a craft knife to remove the rims from 5 or 6 coffee cups. Cut 1″ wide strips of fabric for each – at least 18″ long. It’s okay to piece the strips.
- With a little glue on one end of a fabric strip, begin wrapping the fabric at a slight angle so there’s a little bit of overlap with each wrap. An 18″ strip should go around once.
- Cut several 6″ lengths of wire. I used 7 pieces for each bracelet. Roll a small spiral on both ends of a wire. Hold one spiral on the bracelet and wrap the wire around.
- You want to end up with the spiral on the other end in line with the first. As you get close to the end you can adjust the size of the spiral to make it work.
- It should look similar to this. You can make the rows as close or far apart as you like.
- This bracelet was wrapped 3 times with fabric. There are lots of ways you can vary the bracelets with the fabric and the wire wrapping.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Fabric and Wire Gypsy Bracelet.