Bead an elegant Button Bracelet for a night out on the town. Learn how to make beaded bracelets using minimal supplies and discover how easy it is to create your own jewelry. If you like the look of beaded jewelry designs but don't want to spend a ton of money at a fancy store or boutique, this is the perfect project for you to try. Gather up a variety of seed beads as well as teardrop and flower beads to get started. Once you begin to work on this bracelet, you'll feel like a true beaded jewelry designer. This is a great gift idea for the holidays and will make a huge impression when given as a birthday gift.
- 30 in. length - Beadalon 49 Strand bright .015 in. stringing wire
- 22mm Clear A/B shank button
- 20 - 11/0 Clear A/B seed beads (A)
- 72 - 8/0 Clear A/B seed beads (B)
- 16 - 6mm Clear A/B round flower beads (C)
- 28 - 10mmx5mm Clear A/B tear drop beads (D)
- 13mm Round silver two strand clasp
- 8 - 2mm Size #1 Crimp beads, silver plated
- 4 - Clamshell bead tips, silver plated
- Cut wire in half. Set one piece aside.
- Slip wire through the shank of the button and center. You will have two wire ends.
- Refer to Figure 1. On each wire pick up 1 A, 1 B, 1 A, 1 B, 1 A, 1 B and 1 A.
- On one wire pick up 1 D bead. Pass second wire through it from the opposite direction and pull wires snug making a loop.
- On each wire pick up 1 B, 1 D and 1 B.
- On one wire pick up 1 C. Pass other wire through it from the opposite direction and pull snug. See Figure 1.
- Continue repeating Steps 5 and 6 six more times. You may do more or fewer patterns depending on the length required.
- When you finish the last pattern for this side, pick up 1 B and 1 A on one wire.
- Refer to Figure 2. Pick up 1 crimp bead, 1 clamshell bead tip from bottom up and 1 crimp bead.
- Skip the last crimp bead and pass wire back through clamshell, crimp bead and about ½ in. of beading. Pull up wire snugly.
- Mash crimp bead around both wires. Trim beading wire close to beads. Close clamshell.
- Repeat Steps 8-11 for other wire.
- Repeat Steps 2-11 for second wire.
Note: Finished Length: 7 in. In the instructions, the different beads are referenced as A, B, C, and D, as noted in the materials list.
Read NextLiquid Sculpey® Raindrop Bracelet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use