Napkin Wedding Flowers
Napkin wedding flowers are perfect for summer wedding ideas. Dana Willard's creation is a versatile idea for the budget conscious bride.
To turn these into wedding favors check out Napkin Wedding Flower Favors.
- Dowels - any size your prefer. They're about $2 at Hobby Lobby. If you want to spray paint your wooden stems, check out the No-Sew Flowers Tutorial for details.
- Party Napkins - I prefer using two sizes: medium and small. If you can't find small ones, simply trim the middle napkin down to a smaller size. All these colors were purchased at Hobby Lobby, $2-$3. Ikea also has nice paper napkins.
- We're only using two napkins here: one for the outside, one for the middle.
- Trim slightly around the folded edges so that each napkin layer is separate.
- Scallop the two outside edges of the smaller napkin (just freehand it; doesn't need to be perfect)
- Fold both napkins up together like an accordion or fan.
- Cut a semi-circle on both ends of the fan (this makes the outer napkin scalloped as well).
- Make a small cut in the middle of the flower but do not cut all the way through!
- Place a twist tie in the middle and twist it tightly closed.
- Place a dowel next to one side of the flower and hot-glue it in place (or you can simply twist the tie around it as well. It's not as secure for long-term use but works pretty well).
- Carefully pull the flower petals back and shape them as you'd like.
- You're done!
Read NextHow to Make Tulle Flowers