Tropical Teal Crocheted Headband
Girls of all ages will love this Tropical Teal Crocheted Headband. Embellished with a stunning crocheted flower, this cute headband is perfect for year-round accessorizing. You can make this lovely crocheted headband in any color combination you'd like, and it looks great with all hair styles. Perfect for beginners and advanced crocheters alike, this fabulous Tropical Teal Crocheted Headband makes a wonderful weekend project.
- H or 5.00 Crochet Hook
- DK or 8ply Yarn (Dark Spring Green, Scarlet)
- Tapestry Needle
- 7x7 Inch Foam Board
- 1x1 Inch Button
- Iron or Spray Bottle
- Start of by using color 1 to make a Slip Knot. Chain 8, then push your crochet hook back through the sixth stitch and make a Single Crochet.
- Continue to make single crochets till you get to the end of the row, then crochet 2 chain stitches and go back into the second last crochet stitch you did. When crocheting into the stitches, go through the front loop only, this will create a ribbed band.
- Continue making single crochets, row after row. Now it's time to measure your head circumference! You'll need to make your band 1.5 inches (4 cm) shorter than your measurement so that your headband will fit snuggly and not slip off your head. Mine measured 20 inches (51 cm)
- When you've completed all the rows, connect the two ends of the band together to create a circle and Slip Stitch them together.
- Fasten off, and weave in loose ends.
- Start of by using color 2 to make a slip knot. Chain up 2, then crochet 8 single crochets into loop. Join with a slip stitch to top of chain 2.
- Chain up 2, crochet 2 single crochets into every stitch all around. Join with a slip stitch to top of chain 2.
- Chain up 14 slip stitch into next stitch.* Repeat from the * mark all around. After last slip stitch, fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- Start of by using color 1 to make a slip knot. Chain up 2, then crochet 8 single crochets into loop. Join with a slip stitch to top of chain 2. *Chain up 12, slip stitch into next stitch.* Repeat from the * mark all around. After last slip stitch, fasten off and weave in loose ends.
- After you've finished both flowers, you'll need to Block them. Start by taking a cup or round bowl and mark a circle on your foam board. Taking your pins, pin down your flowers. Now to block them you can either hover your iron over them and steam them, or spray them with a spray bottle. Steaming usually dries quicker.
- After they've dried, unpin your flowers, and select your button. Place your band at the bottom, your large flower on top of that, and your small flower and button on top of that. Sew everything together with color 1 yarn. Fasten off, and weave in loose ends. Sew it right on top of the seam so it doesn't show.