Spruce up your home with a DIY pendant light using one of these 15 ideas. You can make mini pendant lights, party lanterns, and chandeliers, and you can even learn how to make a lamp from scratch. Not only does lighting add to the warmth and ambiance of a room, but the lamp or light fixture itself can lend so much of your personal style to a space. Make one of these 15 DIY Pendant Lights to stylize your home on the cheap.
You can see more cool DIY Pendant Light ideas on the blog!
15 DIY Pendant Lights
Dollar Chandelier: Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial! This DIY pendant light looks like a designer knockoff, but it's really a thrifty DIY project. All you need is a few items from the dollar store and a fresh coat of spray paint to give it that vintage look. You'll never believe what it's made of!
- Fun Crocheted Hanging Luminaries: Haven't you always wanted to be able to decorate your home with your own unique style? Now you can with this free crochet pattern. Make a fun crocheted hanging luminary to have at your next party or keep in your house year round. This pattern is such a fresh, interesting use of your crochet skills.
Scrap Wood Lamp: Make your own lamp from scratch with these easy directions. You'll be so in awe of this homemade scrap wood lamp with a hand painted lampshade, you'll want to make your own right away! Every bit of this lamp project is homemade, from the base and the wiring to the personalized shade.
DIY Chandelier: Make your own chandelier with this DIY pendant lights project! It's easy and thrifty to upcycle an old chandelier into a beautiful new light fixture. Sometimes all it takes is a fresh coat of paint and some small updates to change the look of a light fixture.
- Polka Dot Tissue Lantern: This tissue paper craft shows you how to decorate a paper lantern and turn it in to a polka dot tissue lantern, a cute and whimsical DIY pendant light. If you're not big on polka dots, you can adapt the concept for any shape you'd like. This project is also great for using up scraps of tissue paper that you don't want to throw away.
- Embellished Party Lantern: Spice up your party with these pretty paper lanterns. You can experiment with different colored lanterns and images to get interesting combinations. These DIY pendant lights are always a hit at parties. And you'll be surprised at how inexpensive paper lanterns can be, especially for something so versatile--you can embellish it to match any party theme.
Even More DIY Pendant Lights
- Create Your Own Night Light
- Twisted Lycra Lamp
- Mosaic Kaleidoscope Light
- Recycled Bottle Lamp
- Christmas Mosaic Lamp
- Quick and Easy Party Lights
- Summer Party Lanterns
- Fourth of July Paper Lanterns
- Paper Graffiti Lamp