Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf
By: Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You see them all over the stores, but have you ever wondered how to knit a potato chip scarf? Try this Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf from Red Heart Yarn. It's fashionable and easy! Free knit scarf patterns are perfect when it comes to thinking of holiday gifts.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- Red Heart® Boutique™ Sashay™ (1 ball 1936 Waltz)
- Knitting Needles: 5.5mm [US9]
- Sewing needle
- Matching sewing thread
- Scarf measures 4” x 62” (6” X 38”). Directions are for 62” scarf; changes for 38” long scarf are in parentheses. Gauge is not important for this project.
- For longer scarf cast on 6 stitches; for a shorter scarf cast on 10 stitches.
- Stretch one end of the Sashay open for several inches and lay it flat, placing the edge with the metallic thread along the bottom. Notice that the Sashay yarn is a mesh of holes. You will be working with the top of the mesh and leaving the metallic edge loose to form the ruffle. You are using the top channel of holes as if it is yarn.
- Beginning at the top right edge, insert tip of a knitting needle from back to front starting 4” from end. Continue inserting needle 5 (9) more times. You now have 6 (10) cast on stitches.Place this needle in left hand.
- Pick up right hand needle and knit between the top two threads of the mesh rather than the entire strand. Continue knitting these 6 (10) stitches on each row, always turning your work in the same direction at end of rows. Put your work down and open up the mesh as you go.
- Stop knitting when you have 1 yard left for binding off.
- Bind off loosely, drawing the end of the Sashay through the last bound off stitch. Trim leaving a 4”end. To finish the ends, fold under the corner and tack to inside with sewing needle and thread.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Chain Links Pillow
- Felt Succulent Banner
- Nautical Knock-off Bracelet Pattern
- Jazzed Up Friendship Bracelet
- Striking Standard T-Shirt Pattern
- Fishtail Circle Skirt Pattern
- 1 Seam T-Shirt Bag
- Half Hour Jumbo Tote
- To the Park Sewn Bag
- Evolution Advanced Die-Cutting/Embossing Machine