Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf
By: Red Heart Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You see them all over the stores, but have you ever wondered how to knit a potato chip scarf? Try this Soft and Smoky Potato Chip Scarf from Red Heart Yarn. It's fashionable and easy! Free knit scarf patterns are perfect when it comes to thinking of holiday gifts.
You can find this project, and many more just like it, in our new free eBook, 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners!
- Red Heart® Boutique™ Sashay™ (1 ball 1936 Waltz)
- Knitting Needles: 5.5mm [US9]
- Sewing needle
- Matching sewing thread
- Scarf measures 4” x 62” (6” X 38”). Directions are for 62” scarf; changes for 38” long scarf are in parentheses. Gauge is not important for this project.
- For longer scarf cast on 6 stitches; for a shorter scarf cast on 10 stitches.
- Stretch one end of the Sashay open for several inches and lay it flat, placing the edge with the metallic thread along the bottom. Notice that the Sashay yarn is a mesh of holes. You will be working with the top of the mesh and leaving the metallic edge loose to form the ruffle. You are using the top channel of holes as if it is yarn.
- Beginning at the top right edge, insert tip of a knitting needle from back to front starting 4” from end. Continue inserting needle 5 (9) more times. You now have 6 (10) cast on stitches.Place this needle in left hand.
- Pick up right hand needle and knit between the top two threads of the mesh rather than the entire strand. Continue knitting these 6 (10) stitches on each row, always turning your work in the same direction at end of rows. Put your work down and open up the mesh as you go.
- Stop knitting when you have 1 yard left for binding off.
- Bind off loosely, drawing the end of the Sashay through the last bound off stitch. Trim leaving a 4”end. To finish the ends, fold under the corner and tack to inside with sewing needle and thread.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Mummy Mason Jar Luminary
- 15 Easy Craft Ideas, Genius Tips and DIY Projects
- Horseshoe Slouchy Cable Hat
- Yarn Wrapped Bangle
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl
- Foil Monogram Notebook
- Kindle Cover
- All Seasons Placemats
- Mini Mini Bow Toddler Tank Top
- HOW Hack Fab Fruit Bowl