Soft Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The intricate cable design from Bernat Yarns in this free hat knitting pattern is actually quite simple to achieve. Knit one for an impressive holiday gift.
- 1 ball of Bernat® Satin (100 g / 3.5 oz) #04431 (Wine Mist Heather).
- Knitting Needles: Size 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle - CN.
Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
C4B = Slip next 2 sts onto a CN and leave at back of work. K2 then K2 from CN.
C4F = Slip next 2 sts onto CN and leave at front of work. K2 then K2 from CN.
Cast on 78 sts.
1st row: (RS). K2. *P2. K2. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: P2. *K2. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows twice more, inc 12 sts evenly across last row. 90 sts.
Proceed in Shadow Cable Pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd and alt rows: Purl.
3rd row: K1. *C4B. K4. Rep from * to last st. K1.
5th row: As 1st row.
7th row: K5. *C4F. K4. Rep from * to last 5 sts. C4F. K1.
8th row: As 2nd row.
Rep last 8 rows twice more, then 1st to 4th rows once.
Shape top: 1st row: (RS). *K6. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 79 sts.
2nd and alt rows: Purl.
3rd row: *K9. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 72 sts.
5th row: *K8. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 65 sts.
7th row: *K7. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 58 sts.
9th row: *K6. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 51 sts.
11th row: *K3. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 41 sts.
12th row: P1. *P2tog. Rep from * to end of row. 21 sts.
Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem sts and draw up firmly. Fasten securely. Sew back seam.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid