Soft Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The intricate cable design from Bernat Yarns in this free hat knitting pattern is actually quite simple to achieve. Knit one for an impressive holiday gift.
- 1 ball of Bernat® Satin (100 g / 3.5 oz) #04431 (Wine Mist Heather).
- Knitting Needles: Size 5 mm (U.S. 8) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle - CN.
Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
C4B = Slip next 2 sts onto a CN and leave at back of work. K2 then K2 from CN.
C4F = Slip next 2 sts onto CN and leave at front of work. K2 then K2 from CN.
Cast on 78 sts.
1st row: (RS). K2. *P2. K2. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: P2. *K2. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows twice more, inc 12 sts evenly across last row. 90 sts.
Proceed in Shadow Cable Pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd and alt rows: Purl.
3rd row: K1. *C4B. K4. Rep from * to last st. K1.
5th row: As 1st row.
7th row: K5. *C4F. K4. Rep from * to last 5 sts. C4F. K1.
8th row: As 2nd row.
Rep last 8 rows twice more, then 1st to 4th rows once.
Shape top: 1st row: (RS). *K6. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 79 sts.
2nd and alt rows: Purl.
3rd row: *K9. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 72 sts.
5th row: *K8. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 65 sts.
7th row: *K7. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 58 sts.
9th row: *K6. K2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2. 51 sts.
11th row: *K3. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 41 sts.
12th row: P1. *P2tog. Rep from * to end of row. 21 sts.
Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem sts and draw up firmly. Fasten securely. Sew back seam.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Chopstick Bags
- Boho Tassel DIY Necklace
- Upcycled Watch Face DIY Earrings
- Sea Stone DIY Bracelet
- Ikea Tarva Dresser Makeover with Fabric Lined Drawers
- Sushi Bling
- Inside Out Movie-Themed Shoes
- Polka Dot Little Girls' Apron
- Simple and Elegant Hexagon Art Projects
- Lucky Hat Centerpiece