Knitted Brim Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Knitted Brim Hat from Red Heart Yarn is great for beginners and those new to knitting who want a little challenge. A red knitted hat like this one is a great accessory for the fall and winter months...and makes a great gift for all your friends!
- RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 skein 930 Lipstick
- Knitting Needles: 5.5 mm [US 9]
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 16 sts = 4”; 20 rows = 4”. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge given.
- Cast on 73 sts. Beginning with K row, work in St st, (Knit 1 row, Purl 1 row), until piece measures 7” from beginning, ending with a P row.
- Shape Top: [K2tog, K14, slip 1, K1, psso, place a marker on the needle] 4 times, K1. Next Row: Purl.
- Next Row: [K2tog, K to 2 sts before marker, slip 1, K1, psso] 4 times, K1.
- Repeat last 2 rows until 9 sts remain. Fasten off leaving a long end for weaving and sewing. Weave through the remaining sts, draw up tight and fasten. Sew seam.
- Weave in all ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- It's A Boy Light-Up Card
- Monogrammed China Plate
- DIY Felt Flowers
- Free Happy Thoughts Printable Coloring Page + Video
- Gathered Waist Summer Dress Pattern
- Ahoy America DIY Wreath
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint Collection
- Fabric Creations Paints and Block Printing Stamps
- Boye NeedleMaster Interchangeable Needle System
- How to Sew Knits Without a Serger