Adam's Rib Cap
By: The Red Heart Yarn Design Team
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Men of all ages will like this Adam's Rib Cap from Red Heart Yarn. It's one size fits most, so there's no need to go around measuring everyone's head! This is a great beginner project for those who are new to knitting.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- RED HEART® Super Tweed™: 1 skein 7803 Blue Bayou
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7]
- Yarn needle
GAUGES: 19 sts = 4”; 24 rows = 4” in rib, unstretched. 16 sts = 4”; 24 rows = 4” in rib, slightly stretched. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Special Abbreviation: ssk (slip, slip, knit) = slip next 2 sts knitwise, one at a time, to right needle, insert tip of left needle into these 2 sts from the front and knit together.
Cast on 97 sts.
Row 1 (Right Side): K1, * P1, K1; repeat from * across.
Row 2: P1, * K1, P1; repeat from * across.
Rows 3-8: Repeat Rows 1 and 2 three more times.
Row 9: * K2, P2; repeat from * to last st; K1.
Row 10: P1, * K2, P2; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 9 and 10 until piece measures 6¾” from beginning, or desired length to crown, end wrong side row.
Decrease Row 1: * K2, P2tog; repeat from * to last st; K1 – 73 sts.
Row 2: P1, * K1, P2; repeat from * across.
Row 3: * K2, P1; repeat from * to last st; K1.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
Rows 5 and 6: Repeat Rows 3 and 4.
Decrease Row 7: * SSK, P1; repeat from * to last st; K1 – 49 sts.
Row 8: P1, * K1, P1; repeat from * across.
Row 9: K1, * P1, K1; repeat from * across.
Row 10: Repeat Row 8.
Decrease Row 11: * SSK; repeat from * to last st; K1 – 25 sts.
Row 12: Purl.
Decrease Row 13: Repeat Row 11 – 13 sts.
Row 14: Purl.
Decrease Row 15: Repeat Row 11 – 7 sts.
Cut yarn leaving an 18” tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull tight to close top.
- Sew seam ½ stitch from edge on each side and weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Laundry Soap Bar Beginner's Recipe
- Quick Minecraft Canvas Art
- Folding Chair Makeover
- Gorgeous Crochet Baby Bonnet
- Sweet Sophisticated Mary Janes
- Dancing Sheep Cup Cozy
- DIY Round Perpetual Calendar
- 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- 42 Uses for Toilet Paper Rolls
- W. Cushing & Co.