Adam's Rib Cap
By: The Red Heart Yarn Design Team
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Men of all ages will like this Adam's Rib Cap from Red Heart Yarn. It's one size fits most, so there's no need to go around measuring everyone's head! This is a great beginner project for those who are new to knitting.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- RED HEART® Super Tweed™: 1 skein 7803 Blue Bayou
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7]
- Yarn needle
GAUGES: 19 sts = 4”; 24 rows = 4” in rib, unstretched. 16 sts = 4”; 24 rows = 4” in rib, slightly stretched. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Special Abbreviation: ssk (slip, slip, knit) = slip next 2 sts knitwise, one at a time, to right needle, insert tip of left needle into these 2 sts from the front and knit together.
Cast on 97 sts.
Row 1 (Right Side): K1, * P1, K1; repeat from * across.
Row 2: P1, * K1, P1; repeat from * across.
Rows 3-8: Repeat Rows 1 and 2 three more times.
Row 9: * K2, P2; repeat from * to last st; K1.
Row 10: P1, * K2, P2; repeat from * across.
Repeat Rows 9 and 10 until piece measures 6¾” from beginning, or desired length to crown, end wrong side row.
Decrease Row 1: * K2, P2tog; repeat from * to last st; K1 – 73 sts.
Row 2: P1, * K1, P2; repeat from * across.
Row 3: * K2, P1; repeat from * to last st; K1.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
Rows 5 and 6: Repeat Rows 3 and 4.
Decrease Row 7: * SSK, P1; repeat from * to last st; K1 – 49 sts.
Row 8: P1, * K1, P1; repeat from * across.
Row 9: K1, * P1, K1; repeat from * across.
Row 10: Repeat Row 8.
Decrease Row 11: * SSK; repeat from * to last st; K1 – 25 sts.
Row 12: Purl.
Decrease Row 13: Repeat Row 11 – 13 sts.
Row 14: Purl.
Decrease Row 15: Repeat Row 11 – 7 sts.
Cut yarn leaving an 18” tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull tight to close top.
- Sew seam ½ stitch from edge on each side and weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft