Cable Knit Scarf and Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Create a matching set of cable scarf and hat with this knit cable pattern from Bernat Yarns. Knit the scarf and hat in matching colors or coordinating colors like this example. The braided cable pattern is lovely, though designed for intermediate knitters.
- Yarn: 4 ball of Bernat Alpaca (100 g/3.5 oz) (1 for the hat, 3 for the scarf) Example Colors: Hat- #93420 (Peony) Scarf #93007 (Natural)
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 6 mm (U.S. 10) and 6.5 mm (US 10 1/2) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle.
13 sts and 16 rows = 4" 10 cm in stocking st.
Scarf: Approx 7 x 60" 18 x 152.5 cm.
C4B = Slip next 2 stitches onto cable needle and leave at back of work. K2, then K2 from cable needle.
C4F = Slip next 2 stitches onto cable needle and leave at front of work. K2, then K2 from cable needle.
Panel Pat (worked over 16 sts).
1st row: (RS). (K4. P2) twice. K4.
2nd and alt rows: Knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts as they appear.
3rd row: C4B. P2. K4. P2. C4F.
5th row: K4. C4B. C4F. K4.
7th row: K2. C4B. K4. C4F. K2.
8th row: (P4. K2) twice. P4.
9th to 12th rows: As 1st to 4th rows.
With smaller needles, cast on 68 sts.
1st row: (RS). *K1. P1. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last row 3 times more, inc 5 sts evenly across last row. 73 sts.
With larger needles, proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). (P2. Work 1st row of Panel Pat) 4 times. P1.
2nd row: K1. (Work 2nd row of Panel Pat. K2) 4 times. Panel Pat is now in position.
Cont in pat until 12 rows of Panel Pat have been worked twice.
1st row: (RS). *K2. K2tog. K3. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 57 sts.
2nd row: Knit.
3rd row: *K5. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 49 sts.
4th row: Purl.
5th row: *K4. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 41 sts.
6th row: Purl.
Cont in same manner, dec 8 sts on next and every following alt row to 17 sts. Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem sts and fasten securely. Sew back seam.
With larger needles, cast on 30 sts.
**1st and 2nd rows: *K1. P1. Rep from * to end of row.
3rd and 4th rows: *P1. K1. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 4 rows twice more,** inc 2 sts evenly across last row. 32 sts.
Proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). (K1. P1) 3 times. P2. Work 1st row of Panel Pat. P2. (K1. P1) 3 times.
2nd row: (P1. K1) 3 times. K2. Work 2nd row of Panel Pat. K2. (P1. K1) 3 times. Panel Pat and edging are now in position.
Cont in pat until work from beg measures 58 ins [147.5 cm], ending with 12th row of Panel Pat and dec 2 sts evenly across last row. 30 sts.
Work from ** to **. Cast off in pat.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted Hat
- 19 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
- Double Knit Hat with Earflaps
- Soft Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Pink Cabled Hat and Scarf
- Quick and Easy Knit in the Round Hat
- His and Hers Winter Hats
- Gray Knit Scarf Set for Men
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet Chain Links Pillow
- Felt Succulent Banner
- Nautical Knock-off Bracelet Pattern
- Jazzed Up Friendship Bracelet
- Striking Standard T-Shirt Pattern
- Fishtail Circle Skirt Pattern
- 1 Seam T-Shirt Bag
- Half Hour Jumbo Tote
- To the Park Sewn Bag
- Evolution Advanced Die-Cutting/Embossing Machine