Chunky Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit a chunky cable hat from Bernat Yarns to keep you warm and stylish through the winter with this free hat knitting pattern. The pom-pom is optional, but easy to create with these instructions.
- Yarn: 1 ball of Bernat® Softee Chunky (100 g / 3.5 oz) #39134 (Deep Sea).
- Knitting Needles- Size 6 mm (U.S. 10) or size needed to obtain gauge.
- Cable needle - CN.
Gauge: 15 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
C4B = Slip next 2 sts onto a CN and leave at back of work. K2, then K2 from CN.
C4F = Slip next 2 sts onto CN and leave at front of work. K2, then K2 from CN.
Cast on 70 sts.
1st row: (RS). K2. *P2. K2. Rep from * to end of row.
2nd row: P2. *K2. P2. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last 2 rows twice more, inc 12 sts evenly across last row. 82 sts.
Proceed in Shadow Cable Pat as follows: 1st row: (RS). Knit.
2nd and alt rows: Purl.
3rd row: K1. *C4B. K4. Rep from * to last st. K1.
5th row: Knit.
7th row: K5. *C4F. K4. Rep from * to last 5 sts. C4F. K1.
8th row: Purl.
Rep last 8 rows twice more, then 1st to 4th rows once.
Shape top: 1st row: (RS). K1.*K6. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 72 sts.
2nd and alt rows: Purl.
3rd row: K1. *K5. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 62 sts.
5th row: K1. *K4. K2tog. Rep from * to last st. K1. 52 sts.
7th row: *K2. K2tog. Rep from * to end of row. 39 sts.
8th row: P1. *P2tog. Rep from * to end of row. 20 sts.
Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem sts and draw up firmly. Fasten securely. Sew back seam.
Pom-pom: Wind yarn around 4 fingers 50 times. Tie tightly in the middle and leave a long end for attaching to hat. Cut loops at both ends and trim to smooth round shape.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Luminous Mason Jar Crafts
- Paint Chip Mannequin Art
- Chicken Hat Crochet Pattern
- Minion Letter Opener
- Giraffe Hat Crochet Pattern
- Welcome Aboard Beach Craft
- Paint Deck Mannequin
- 11 Refreshing Watermelon Crafts
- Juicy Watermelon Outdoor Coaster
- ubermatte Spray Paint