We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This knit hooded cape from Bernat Yarns has a side button detail that makes it both fashionable and comfortable. It is made with a soft chunky yarn and is for all skill levels.
- Bernat® Softee Chunky
- Sizes: XS/M (L/2XL-3/5XL)
- (Solids: 100 g/3.5 oz)
- 7 (9-11) balls
OR (Ombres: 80 g/2.8 oz) 9 (11- 14) balls
- Circular Knitting Needle: size 6 mm (U.S. 10) 36 ins [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 3 stitch holders.
- 6 buttons.
To fit bust measurement
XS-M: 28-38 ins [71-96.5 cm]
L-2XL: 40-50 ins [101.5-127 cm]
3-5XL: 52-62 ins [132-157.5 cm]
15 sts and 20 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
**Cast on 95 (111-129) sts. Do not join. Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
1st row: (RS). *K1. P1. Rep from * to last st. K1.
Rep last row for Seed St Pat 7 times more.
Proceed in pat as follows:
1st row: (RS). (K1. P1) twice. Knit to last 4 sts. (P1. K1) twice.
2nd row: *K1. P1. Rep from * to last st. K1.**
Rep last 2 rows for pat until 26 (26½-27) ins [66 (67.5-68.5) cm] total length, ending on a 2nd row.
Shape shoulders: Cast off 6 (8- 9) sts beg next 8 rows, then 7 (7-10) sts beg following 2 rows.
Leave rem 33 (33-37) sts on a st holder.
Work from ** to ** as given for Back.
Rep last 2 rows for pat until 19½ (20-20½) ins [49.5 (51-52) cm] total length, ending on a 2nd row.
Shape neck: Next row: (RS). Pat across 47 (55-64) sts. Cast off center st. Pat to end of row.
Cont even in pat on last 47 (55- 64) sts until same length as Back to beg of shoulder shaping, ending with a RS row.
Shape shoulder: Cast off 6 (8- 9) sts beg next row and following alt rows 3 times more. Work 1 row even in pat. Cast off 7 (7-10) sts.
Leave rem 16 (16-18) sts on a st holder.
With WS facing, join yarn to rem 47 (55-64) sts. Work to correspond to other side, reversing all shapings.
Sew shoulder seams.
With RS facing, K65 (65-73) from neck st holders.
1st row: (WS). *K1. P1. Rep from * to last st. K1.
2nd row: (K1. P1) twice. Knit to last 4 sts. (P1. K1) twice.
Rep last 2 rows for 14 ins [35.5 cm], ending with a WS row. Cast off.
Sew top seam.
Sew 3 buttons on each side of Cape through all thicknesses as shown (buttons are decorative only).
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Knot Easy Yarn
- Trash Origami
- Adult Coloring Books
- Knotted Spiral Accent Pillow
- Candy Cane Christmas Scarf Pattern
- Mummy Mason Jar Luminary
- 15 Easy Craft Ideas, Genius Tips and DIY Projects
- Horseshoe Slouchy Cable Hat
- Yarn Wrapped Bangle
- Always Kiss Me At Midnight Cowl