We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Beaded Poncho has a chic shape and cool color pallet. It's great for crisp fall days and calls to mind images of tree-lined streets. Best of all, this beginner knitting pattern is free!
- Caron International’s Feathers (65% acrylic, 35% nylon; 1.75 oz/50 g, 70 yds/64 m): 9 skeins #0002 Parrot
- Size US 8 (5 mm) knitting needles, or size to obtain gauge
- crochet hook size US F/5 (3.75mm) for edging
- tapestry ndl (tn)
- approximately 105 gold plated 8mm round pearl beads
Each panel measures 12" by 30", excluding Beaded Edging
Using size US 8 (5mm) needles, in St st: 16 sts and 20 rows = 4”/10 cm
Stockinette stitch (St st): Knit on RS, purl on WS
Single crochet (sc) for Beaded Edging
Place a Bead (PB): Pre-string beads on yarn. Insert crochet hook in next stitch, slide bead up close to work, yo hook, pull yarn through stitch and loop on hook (slip stitch made).
PANEL (Make 2)
CO 48 sts.
Work even in St st until piece measures 30" from the beginning.
BO all sts.
Block pieces to measurements, if necessary, following instructions on ball band.
Sew one end of each panel to side edge of opposite panel (see Assembly Diagram).
Round 1: With RS facing, using crochet hook, join yarn with slip stitch (sl st) to one corner of neck; ch 1, sc in next 2 edge sts, *skip 1 edge st, sc in next 3 edge sts; repeat from * around, join with a sl st in first sc.
Round 2: Thread approximately 25 beads on to yarn - enough to have a bead for every 6 sts worked around neck edge. With WS facing, join yarn in last st of previous round; * sl st in next 5 sc, PB in next st; repeat from * around, join with sl st in first st.
Round 1: With RS facing, using crochet hook, join yarn with slip stitch (sl st) to one corner of lower edge; ch 1, work 2 sc in same st as join; cont as for Neck Edge, working 3 sc in each remaining corner st.
Round 2: Thread approximately 80 beads on to yarn - enough to have a bead for every 4 sts worked around lower edge. With WS facing, join yarn in last st of previous round; sl st in next 2 sc, * PB in next st, sl st in next 3 sc; repeat from * around, join with a sl st in first st.
Weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid