Tsu Shi Tunic
By: Vickie Howell from Caron Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
You won't find holey knitting patterns that are more stylish than this Tsu Shi Tunic. Get ready for compliments as you throw on this lightweight sweater that's perfect for summer and spring. Wear it jeans and layer it with a tank top and you'll have an outfit that's packed full of glamor.
Note: Piece is intended to have a blousy fit.
Bust 45 (52, 59, 65 1/2)"
Back Length 28 (29, 30, 31)"
In Openwork Pattern, 14 sts and 21 rows = 4"/10cm, using larger needles
Skp: Slip 1 stitch knitwise, k1, pass slipped stitch over. (1 stitch decreased)
Tbl: Through back loops
- Stitch.Rock.Love. Sheep(ish) from Caron (70% Acrylic/30% Wool; 3oz/85g, 167yds/153m) #0016 Teal(ish): 9 (10, 12, 13) skeins
- One pair size U.S. 9 (5.5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- One pair size U.S. 8 (5mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- One circular needle size U.S. 9 (5.5mm), 16"/40cm long
- Stitch marker
- Yarn needle
Garter Stitch: Knit all rows when working back and forth; knit 1 rnd, purl 1 rnd
when working in the rnd.
Rib Pattern: (multiple of 4)
Row 1 (RS): *K2, p2; rep from * to end.
Row 2: Knit the knit sts and purl the purl sts as they face you.
Rep Row 2 for Rib Pattern.
Openwork Pattern: (multiple of 4 sts + 3)
Note: You may work pattern from text or Chart.
Row 1: K4, *k2tog, yo, k2; rep from * to last 3 sts, k2tog, yo, k1.
Row 2: *P2, yo, p2tog; rep from * to last 3 sts, p3.
Row 3: *K2, k2tog, yo; rep from * to last 3 sts, k3.
Row 4: P4, *yo, p2tog, p2; rep from * to last 3 sts, yo, p2tog, p1.
Row 5: K1, *yo, skp, k2; rep from * to last 2 sts, k2.
Row 6: P3, *p2tog-tbl, yo, p2; rep from * to end.
Row 7: K3, *yo, skp, k2; rep from * to end.
Row 8: P1, *p2tog-tbl, yo, p2; rep from * to last 2 sts, p2.
Front and Back are worked the same.
With smaller needle, CO 80 (92, 104, 116) sts.
Work in Rib Pattern until piece measures 5"/12.5cm from the beginning, ending with a WS row, dec 1 st at end of last row—79 (91, 103, 115) sts.
Change to larger needles and Openwork Pattern; work even until piece measures approx 18 (18, 19, 19)"/45.5 (45.5, 48.5, 48.5)cm from the beginning, ending with Row 8 of pattern.
Shape Sleeves (RS): CO 28 (28, 32, 32) sts at beginning of next 2 rows,
working CO sts in Openwork Pattern–135 (147, 167, 179) sts. Work even until
Sleeve measures 9 (10, 10, 11)"/23 (25.5, 25.5, 28)cm from the beginning,
ending with a RS row.
Change to Garter st; work even for 1". BO all sts.
Work as for Front.
Block pieces to measurements.
Sew side and bottom Sleeve seams. Sew top of Sleeve/shoulder seams, leaving
14"/35.5cm neck opening, or to suit.
With RS facing, using circular needle, pick up and knit 62 (64, 64, 72) sts
around Sleeve edge. Join to work in the rnd; place marker at beginning of rnd.
Work in Garter st for 2". BO all sts.
Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook
- Amethyst DIY Jewelry Box Anthropologie Knockoff
- Retro Gumball Machine Craft