Foolproof Afghan Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
These crochet afghan patterns are so easy, they're foolproof!! If you're looking for free afghan patterns to crochet mindlessly in front of the television, the foolproof afghan is for you! Simple enough for beginners and a quick and easy afghan to crochet for those who are more advanced, this Foolproof Afghan is one pattern you'll find yourself coming back to again and again. Make one for a new baby, a housewarming, or just for yourself! You could also mix and match colors if you're feeling extra creative! No matter why you make it, one thing's for sure...the Foolproof Afghan is one that's sure to please crochet fans young and old!
The best thing about this easy crochet afghan pattern is that it is insanely easy to personalize for any home or any gift. Looking stunning in any color you may want to use, this cutie to crochet will keep you warm for years to come. We recommend crocheting this afghan in a dark, solid color in order to add some warmth to your living room area.
Beginners will love this colleciton of 26 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns. With crocheted afghans that are easy and fun to make, this collection is perfect for those who are looking for a quick and easy afghan to crochet. With a good selection of multi-colored and solid-colored afghans, 26 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns is all you need to power through your yarn stash and keep your home nice and warm all winter long!
How to Crochet the Foolproof Afghan
- 1 skein Red Heart® “Super Saver®” Jumbo yarn in Claret
- 8 mm [US L-11] crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Gauge: 2 repeats (two cluster groups and two FPdc) = 3”; 4 rows = 3” in pattern. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
Special Abbreviations and Stitches:
- CL (Cluster) = [Yarn over and draw up a loop, yarn over and draw through 2 loops] twice all in specified stitch, yarn over and draw through all 3 loops on hook.
- FPdc (front post double crochet): yarn over, insert hook from front to back to front around the post of indicated stitch and draw yarn through, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice.
- BPdc (back post double crochet): yarn over, insert hook from back to front to back around the post of indicated stitch and draw yarn through, [yarn over and draw through 2 loops on hook] twice.
Lap Throw measures 32” x 37”
- Row 1 (Wrong Side): (CL, ch 2, CL) all in 5th ch from hook, skip next ch, dc in next ch, * skip next ch, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch, skip next ch, dc in next ch; repeat from * across; turn – 20 cluster groups.
- Row 2 (Right Side): Ch 3, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch-2 space, * FPdc around next dc, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch-2 space; repeat from * to last st; dc in top of beginning ch; turn.
- Row 3: Ch 3, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch-2 space, * BPdc around next st, (CL, ch 2, CL) all in next ch-2 space; repeat from * to last st; dc in top of ch-3; turn.
- Rows 4-49: Repeat Rows 2 and 3 twenty three (23) times.
- Border-Rnd 1: Ch 1, work sc evenly around all 4 sides, working 3 sc in each corner; join with a slip st in first sc.
- Rnd 2: Ch 1, working from LEFT TO RIGHT, sc in each sc around (Reverse sc); join. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
More Foolproof Free Crochet Patterns
Not all free crochet patterns are as foolproof as they claim to be. Being a brand new crocheter means you have a lot to learn about hooking, yarn, and more. If you are looking for crochet patterns that are actually for beginners, check out the ideas below, as well. All of the crochet patterns below are patterns that beginners can actually finish. Being new to a craft can be tough, so why not start with something easy peasy?
- Arrow Stitch Crochet Afghan
- Easy Zig Zag Crochet Hand Cloths
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns + Help for Beginners - If you are brand new, you honestly need this free crochet pattern.
- Crocheted iPhone Cozy
- 1-Hour Crochet Coffee Cozy - Start small. It makes things easier. <3
- Pop Goes the Weasal Afghan A FAVORITE ON FACEBOOK!
- Weekend Wonder Giant Granny Square Throw
- Under 6 Hours Crochet Throw
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Fun Flapper Crochet Headband Pattern
Leave A Comment Below & Tell Us:
For Whom Would You Make This Crochet Afghan?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns, Free Tutorials and More
- Baby's First Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Cupcake Afghan
- Natural Baby Blanket
- Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern
- Butterfly Wings Free Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Little Prince Afghan
- Shooting Star Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Jim Shore Angel Coloring Book Review
- Delightful Daisy DIY Wall Art
- Joyful Trees DIY Wall Art
- Darling Daisy Embroidered Shoes
- Southwest iPhone Embroidery Pattern
- Creative Scarves Book Review
- American Indian-Inspired Beaded Belt
- Crochet Chain Links Pillow
- Felt Succulent Banner
- Nautical Knock-off Bracelet Pattern