Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're looking for free baby blankets to crochet, check out this Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set from Red Heart Yarn. This is a sweet and easy crochet baby blanket and
baby hat pattern. With this pattern, you will be hooking a baby shower gift in no time.
The great thing about this baby blanket crochet pattern is that you can make it with one skein of yarn. Perfect for a little boy or girl, this crochet hat and blanket set is great for beginning crocheters and makes a wonderful gift for a new little one.
Download our free crochet baby patterns eBook!
Discover fantastic baby blanket patterns as well as ways to make baby clothes and accessories with this free downloadable eBook, 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies & Toddlers. The projects in this collection are eye-catching and fun to make. Consider a crochet baby blanket pattern before you head to a baby shower or go meet a little one for the first time.
- 1 ball Red Heart® "Baby Blankie™" Yarn (16 oz, 819 yd) in Lavender
- 6.5mm [US K-10.5] and 4mm [US G-6] crochet hooks
- Yarn Needle
Gauge: 2 repeats = 4 inches; 7 rows = 4 inches in pattern with larger hook. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size hook to obtain the gauge.
- ch - chain
- dc - double crochet
- mm - millimeters
- sc - single crochet
- st(s) - stitch(es)
- * or ** - repeat whatever follows the * or ** as indicated
- [ ] - work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Blanket measures 39 x 32 inches. Hat fits 6-9 month old.
With larger hook, ch 90.
- Row 1 (Right Side): Dc in 6th ch from hook, dc in next 4 ch, ch 1, skip next ch, [dc in next 5 ch, ch 1, skip next ch] 13 times, dc in last ch; turn.
- Row 2: Ch 3, dc in first dc, * ch 2, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc, ch 2 **, 3 dc in next ch-1 space; repeat from * to last 2 sts, end at **; skip next ch, 2 dc in next ch; turn.
- Row 3: Ch 3, dc in next dc, * dc in next ch-2 space, ch 1, dc in next ch-2 space **, dc in next 3 dc; repeat from * to last 2 sts, end at **; dc in next dc and top of ch-3; turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, sc in first dc, * ch 2, 3 dc in next ch-1 space, ch 2, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * across working last sc in top of ch-3; turn.
- Row 5: Ch 4, * dc in ch-2 space, dc in next 3 dc, dc in next ch-2 space, ch 1; repeat from * to last st; dc in last sc; turn.
- Rows 6-65: Repeat Rows 2-5 fifteen times. Do not turn at end of last row but pivot to work down next side.
- Round 1: With right side still facing, work sc evenly around all 4 sides and work 3 sc in each corner; join with a slip st in first sc.
- Round 2: * Ch 3, dc in same st, skip next 2 sc, slip st in next sc; repeat from * around adjusting as necessary at corners and end of round; join in first st of round. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
With smaller hook, ch 4; join with a slip st in first ch to form a ring.
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), 11 dc in ring; join with a slip st in top of ch-3 – 12 dc.
- Round 2: Ch 3, dc in same st as joining, [2 dc in next dc] 11 times; join – 24 dc.
- Round 3: Ch 3, dc in same st as joining, dc in next dc, [2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc] 11 times; join – 36 dc.
- Round 4: Ch 3, dc in same st as joining, dc in next 2 dc, [2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc] 11 times; join – 48 dc.
- Round 5: Ch 3, dc in same st as joining, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1, [dc in next 5 dc, ch 1] 4 times, 2 dc in next dc, dc in next 3 dc, ch 1, [dc in next 5 dc, ch 1] 4 times; join – 50 dc and 10 ch-1 spaces.
- Round 6: Slip st in next dc, (slip st, ch 1, sc) all in next dc,* ch 2, 3 dc in next ch-1 space, ch 2 **, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc; repeat from * around, end at **; join in first sc.
- Round 7: Slip st in next ch-2 space, ch 3, * dc in next 3 dc, dc in next ch-2 space, ch 1 **, dc in next ch-2 space; repeat from * around, end at **; join.
- Rounds 8-12: Repeat Rounds 6 and 7 twice, and then repeat Round 6 once more.
- Round 13: Ch 3, * dc in next ch-2 space, dc in next 3 dc, dc in next ch-2 space **, dc in next sc; repeat from * around, end at **; join – 60 dc.
- Round 14: Ch 3, dc in each dc around; join.
- Round 15: Ch 3, dc in front loop of each dc around; join.
- Round 16: Ch 3, dc in both loops of each dc around; join.
- Fasten off. Weave in ends. Fold up last 2 rounds.
Once you start working on free crochet baby patterns, you might not want to stop. Luckily, there are tons of great projects featured in the collection 31+ Cute Free Crochet Patterns for Babies. This list features plenty of booties, hats and baby clothes that will make a baby look so adorable. There are even homemade baby toys to keep little ones busy and fuss-free.
What was the last item that you crocheted?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 51 Free Crochet Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Cupcake Afghan
- 41 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns, Free Tutorials and More
- Baby's First Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Foolproof Afghan Pattern
- Easy One Ball Crochet Baby Blanket and Hat Set
- Natural Baby Blanket
- The Coziest Crocheted Baby Blanket Ever
- Elsa's Frozen Inspired Afghan
- Two Color Easy Afghan Crochet Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 11 DIY Christmas Decorations and Gift Ideas
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 24 Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes and Fall Craft Projects
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dr. Knit's Curious Creatures Book Review
- Cool Comforts Knit Throw
- Casual Cables Throw
- Color Dip Scarf
- Premier Deluxe Interchangeable Needle Set
- Mason Jar DIY Herb Garden Infographic
- Solar Robot Coloring Page
- Spring Flowers Adult Coloring Page
- Rusty the Robot Coloring Page
- Robot on the Beach Coloring Page