Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
By: Stephanie Swaim for favecrafts.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern is great for beginners! The cowl can be worn as a scarf or a hood, and can be made with any bulky yarn. This easy crochet cowl pattern is an easy and quick gift for anyone you love! No matter the weather outside, you can throw this cowl on and look stylish. It's light enough to wear in the spring, but substantial enough to keep you warm when the weather is a bit chillier. Plus, you don't need to invest in earwarmers or a headband. This easy crochet cowl pattern is perfect for anyone who is new to crochet or simply wants to work on a quick and easy project. Test your skills and see what you can make - the results may surprise you.
One of the best things about cowls is that they are some of the most convenient crochet scarf patterns out there. Unlike long and unruly scarves, you can wrap a cowl around your neck and be good to go! Other crochet scarf patterns have to be wrapped several times and tucked into your coat, sometimes creating some awkward looking bulk under your coat. Cute and quick DIY cowls like these avoid that faux pas.
Once you start working on this cowl crochet pattern, you may not be able to stop. Luckily the patterns in 10 Crochet and Knit Cowl Patterns will keep you busy for a very long time. Yarn lovers will fall for these amazing crochet scarf patterns and knitting tutorials, so be sure to stock up. You may think that all crochet cowls are created equal, but this collection shows that there are so many unique patterns to try.
Free Crochet Cowl Pattern Instructions
- Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca Grande (110 yds) 220 yds, 2 skeins in your choice of color
- Yarn needle
- 10mm (N) Hook
- Stitch marker
You will be crocheting in the round. You will join but not turn. Mark the beginning of each row with a row marker.
If working with a different yarn than recommended, make sure that your beginning chain will fit over your head leaving plenty of extra room. Remember that you want your cowl to be loose enough to pull up as a hood and still give plenty of coverage around your neck.
Ch 55 and join with a sl st into back of chain (do not twist chain).
- Row 1: Ch 1, (working in back of chain) Sc in same Ch as joining. Mark stitch. Sc in each chain around and join to marked stitch (do not twist chain).
- Row 2: Ch 2, (counts as first Dc), skip st and Dc in each Sc around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 2. (55 Dc)
- Row 3: Ch 1, (counts as first Hdc), skip st and Hdc in each around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 1. (55 Hdc)
- Row 4: Ch 2, (counts as first Dc), skip st and Dc in each Hdc around. Join with sl st to top of Ch 2. (55 Dc)
- Rows 5-6: Repeat Row 4
- Row 7: Repeat Row 3
- Row 8: Repeat Row 4
- Row 9: Ch 1, Sc in each Dc around. Join with sl st to Ch 1.
- Rows 10-17: Repeat Rows 2-9
- Rows 18-23: Repeats Rows 2-7
- Fasten off.
More Crochet Cowl Patterns
If you love this free crochet cowl pattern, check out even more crochet patterns to love below. Keep warm and look trendy with this how to crochet a cowl tutorials, patterns, and more.
- Crystal Drops Crochet Cowl
- Crochet Cowl Hood
- Infinity Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Outlander Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Bandeau Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Windowpane Crochet Cowl
- Sampler Crochet Cowl Scarf
- Hooded Bunny Cowl - For kids!
Now that you're an expert at free crochet cowl patterns, you can try your hand at more great DIY ideas. How to Make a Crochet Cowl: 8 Free Patterns features a ton of great projects that even crocheter needs. These patterns are perfect for any season, so don't wait to start working on your next design. In this collection, you'll find solid free crochet cowl patterns, striped patterns and everything in between.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Convertible Free Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Forever 21 Knockoff Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Simple One Skein Wrap
- Sea Foam Infinity Scarf
- Holiday Criss Cross Crocheted Scarf Pattern
- Skinny Minny Crochet Scarf
- Simple Versatile Crochet Cowl
- Belle Fleur Scarf
- Crochet Cowl Hood
- 19 Shawls and Wraps + An Easy Crochet Wrap Pattern
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paper Piece Diamond Quilt Pattern
- Preparing Your DIY Quilt for Quilting
- Purple Beginner Shawl
- Recycled T-Shirt Quilt Pattern
- Shawl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Stunning Leather Trimmed Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Knit Look Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Bean Stitch Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Plush Basketweave Baby Blanket Pattern
- "18 Projects Every Crafter Wants" free eBook