Festive Fall Frame
By: Lisa Somerville for Craftwell
Let this festive fall frame hold a reminder of what you're thankful for this holiday season. The leaves and flowers of autumn, made with the eCraft electronic die cutting machine by Craftwell, make this frame a beautiful addition to any home decor.
- Stamps – Stampotique Originals Honeycomb Background
- Card Stock – Stampin’ Up! Olive, Saffron, Cocoa, Rose Red, Mustard, Cameo Coral
- Ink – Distress Ink Gathered Twigs, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon
- Sponge Brush
- Petal Roller
- Craft Mat
- Piercing Tool
- Foam Mat
- Ranger Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint
- Claudine Hellmuth Studio Gesso
- Studio Sable Brown Acrylic Paint Dimensionals
- Hot Glue Gun
- Distress Stain Picket Fence
- Big Shot
- Texture Fades Embossing Folder
- Maya Road Trinket Pins
- Dyed Seam Binding
- eCraft images from eCraftcentral – Leaf 1 (SKU: 001-E104018), Leaf 2 (001-E104019), Leaf 3 (SKU: 001-E104020), cut from Cocoa, Olive and Mustard card stocks, NOTE: fill an 8-1/2” x 11” mat with the leaf images and cut a whole sheet
- eCraft images from SD cards - Fundamentals 2 SD Card Flower Shapes #30 (Flower size 3” x 3”, 2-1/2” x 2-1/2”, 2” x 2”) cut 2 of each size from Rose and Saffron card stock, Fundamentals 1 SD Card Whimsical #4 (Flourish Size 2.35” x 2.54”) cut 4 from Chocolate card stock, Fundamentals 1 SD Card Nature #8 (Butterfly size 1.77” x 1.84”) cut 1 from Chocolate and Coral card stocks
- Prepare frame: Paint with Gesso and foam brush, let dry.
- Paint with Sable Brown Acrylic Paint, let dry. If wanting a more distressed look, or to lighten the brown color, add Picket Fence Distress Stain, let dry, then apply. Distress Crackle Paint, let dry.
- Once frame is dry and has begun to crackle, you can speed up the process with a heat tool. Add Gathered Twigs Ink to entire frame to fill in and darken the crackle areas. Set aside.
- Open eCraft Software, add leaf images, cut from Olive, Mustard and Cocoa card stock, emboss with Texture Fades Folder, highlight embossed area with ink, set aside.
- Open new page, add flower images from Fundamentals 2 card (sized as referenced above), cut from Saffron and Rose card stocks. Stamp Honeycomb image with coordinating inks on flower petals, let dry. Roll petals with petal roller, stack on top of each other alternating petals, add Brad center and Gem.
- Open new page, add flourish image from Fundamentals 1 card (sized as referenced above), cut 4 from Chocolate card stock.
- Open new page, add butterfly image cut from Chocolate and Coral card stocks. Emboss Coral piece with Texture Fades Folder, cut away antennae. Cut body from Chocolate image, adhere to Coral image. Sponge embossed area and edges with Gathered Twigs ink.
- Adhere all cut images to frame with Hot Glue, if desired add moss, Seam Binding Ribbon and Trinket Pins.
Something worth saving?
Register now for FREE to:
- SAVE all your favorite crafts
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your crafts