Heidi Borchers Biography
Heidi Borchers was born into the crafting industry. As the daughter of Aleene Jackson, America's beloved "Mother of Crafting" and the inventor of Aleene's Tacky Glue, Heidi spent many of her childhood leisure hours in her mother's shop, gluing, creating, and learning. By the time she was a teenager, Heidi had become an accomplished artist, as well as an inventive designer.
In the mid-1990's, Heidi launched the largest selling craft book ever published, with sales to date in excess of $30 million. It was the first of a succession of "continuity" books called Aleene's Big Book of Crafts. Since then, many of her more than two dozen hard-bound books have been featured in Book of the Month Clubs across the country.
She launched her national cable television career as co-host of her mother's show, "Aleene's Creative Living" and remained a staple TV crafting personality for 15 years. Throughout her career, Heidi's designs have been featured in McCalls, Better Homes & Gardens, Creative Living, Craft Home & Style, Decorating Craft Ideas, Crafts N' Things and Inspired at Home.
A studio in the seaside town of Los Osos, California, is home to a sea of materials, finished designs, and works-in-progress. Whimsical faces, and original characters hang on the walls and peek out from behind hundreds of jars full of buttons, beads, fasteners, yarns, tiles and glues. Machines, tools, and equipment stand sentinel on long, sturdy tables, ready to be put into service. The studio is also a classroom, where Heidi holds regular design classes.
Heidi raised three children and now entertains a gorgeous gaggle of eleven grandchildren who visit often. Heidi's regular blogs can be found at Inspired at Home Blog. Heidi is also a regular guest on Inspired at Home radio.
Heidi Borchers on FaveCrafts
FaveCrafts is happy to welcome Heidi Borchers as a contributer to our ever-growing site. Here you can find her step-by-step craft projects, video tutorials and more. Also, look for her work in our free Quick and Crafty newsletter.
Heidi's Recent Projects
Project of the Day
"Learn how to sew an adorable heart-shaped heating pad that is the perfect size for isolating aches and pains. These special… Continue reading: "How to Sew a Heart Shaped Heating Pad"
- Don't Get Steamed Up – Make This Anti-fog Mask
- Make Your Own 3d Mask- Free Pattern And Tute
- Kenna Cowl
- DIY Christmas Etched Plates
- Double Layered Picot Flower #1
- Halloween 3d Face Mask Pattern
- Diy Kids Face Mask In Under 10 Minutes
- Easy To Sew Kid's Medical Mask
- Soft Elastic Free Ear Loops For Masks - No Sewing
- Hand Crochet Chunky Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Snuffle Ball For Dogs
- Remembrance Poppy Brooch
- Jack O’lantern Pumpkin Face Crochet Dog Bandana
- Dollar Tree Pizza Pan Motivational Sign
- C2c Tiny Jack-o-lantern Cup Afghan Square
- Ikea Inspired Dollhouse Lamp
- Needlework: Leaf
- Felt Holly Christmas Napkin Rings
- Jean Dreams Tote
- How To Make A Pencil Case Out Of Paper?
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home