Heidi Borchers Biography
Heidi Borchers was born into the crafting industry. As the daughter of Aleene Jackson, America's beloved "Mother of Crafting" and the inventor of Aleene's Tacky Glue, Heidi spent many of her childhood leisure hours in her mother's shop, gluing, creating, and learning. By the time she was a teenager, Heidi had become an accomplished artist, as well as an inventive designer.
In the mid-1990's, Heidi launched the largest selling craft book ever published, with sales to date in excess of $30 million. It was the first of a succession of "continuity" books called Aleene's Big Book of Crafts. Since then, many of her more than two dozen hard-bound books have been featured in Book of the Month Clubs across the country.
She launched her national cable television career as co-host of her mother's show, "Aleene's Creative Living" and remained a staple TV crafting personality for 15 years. Throughout her career, Heidi's designs have been featured in McCalls, Better Homes & Gardens, Creative Living, Craft Home & Style, Decorating Craft Ideas, Crafts N' Things and Inspired at Home.
A studio in the seaside town of Los Osos, California, is home to a sea of materials, finished designs, and works-in-progress. Whimsical faces, and original characters hang on the walls and peek out from behind hundreds of jars full of buttons, beads, fasteners, yarns, tiles and glues. Machines, tools, and equipment stand sentinel on long, sturdy tables, ready to be put into service. The studio is also a classroom, where Heidi holds regular design classes.
Heidi raised three children and now entertains a gorgeous gaggle of eleven grandchildren who visit often. Heidi's regular blogs can be found at Inspired at Home Blog. Heidi is also a regular guest on Inspired at Home radio.
Heidi Borchers on FaveCrafts
FaveCrafts is happy to welcome Heidi Borchers as a contributer to our ever-growing site. Here you can find her step-by-step craft projects, video tutorials and more. Also, look for her work in our free Quick and Crafty newsletter.
Heidi's Recent Projects
- Diagonal Basket Weave Washcloth with Picot Edge
- Aunt Bee's Gingham Dishcloth
- White Stripes Knit Dishcloth Pattern
- Diagonal Crochet Dishcloth
- Pineapple Crochet Washcloth Pattern
- Buttery Sunshine Crochet Dishcloth
- Recycled Plastic Bag Snowman Portrait
- Winter Snowman Dishcloth
- Coffee Cup Washcloth
- Scalloped Cherry Dishcloth
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- Easy Origami Hearts
- DIY Beet Dye for Fabric
- Butterfly Lace Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Intricate Snowflake Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home