Stunning Silver Holiday Decor
Silver winter decorations, like this Stunning Silver Holiday Decor display, is just what you need to jazz up your mantel or front room table. Made using a secret ingredient (HINT! you probably have it in your kitchen right now!), this decorative Christmas craft is also perfect for having out on display for your upcoming New Year's eve celebration! Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, this winter decor is sure to liven up your home this holiday season...and if you surround these winter decorations in fairy lights, you'll have a display that literally sparkles and shines all season long.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam
- Cones: 6” and (2) 12”
- Balls: 3” and (2) 4”
- Cube: 3”
- Tin Foil
- Acrylic Paint: Silver
- 1” Wide Metallic Wired Ribbon: Silver
- 15mm Square Leather Studs: Silver
- 15mm Round Jumbo Tacks: Silver
- Low-Temp Glue Gun
- Paint Brush
Check out this project and other great DIY Christmas crafts in our free eBook 20 Easy DIY Holiday Projects!
- Cut pieces of foil to fit around the cones, one 4” ball and the 3” ball. Wrap foam shapes and glue edges of foil to secure in place.
- Embellish the foil cones and balls with the metallic ribbons, silver studs and thumbtacks.
- Paint the remaining 4” ball silver and let dry. Insert a toothpick into the ball for a handle while painting. Glue the thumbtacks side by side around the ball to completely cover.
- Glue the square studs side by side around the cube to completely cover. Bend in the prongs from the studs at the corners of the cube to allow the studs to sit flush against each other.
Read NextAdorable Snowman Sock Craft
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Sep 17, 2018
Looks super fun to do! I would spend an hour or two in the afternoon making these. There is a lot of room for artistic license if you wanna go all out and go really crazy with the embellishments. No right or wrong way to go about it, just do what you want.
susantrimble 95786 53
Sep 26, 2015
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use