Silver and White Wedding Set
If you want classic summer wedding colors, you could make the Silver and White Wedding Set. This place setting idea would look gorgeous with most basic color schemes and wedding themes, and you don't have to spend a ton of money if you make them yourself. You can also get exactly what you want in a place setting with this simple wedding idea. These DIY wedding decorations are ideal for smaller weddings, unless you have an army of crafters by your side or a lot of time to make these place settings.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Silver, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Enamels™ - Glitter Silver, 2 oz.; Wicker White, 2 oz.;
Metallic Silver Sterling, 2 oz.; Silver Sterling, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Painting Stencils - Small - Birds
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
- Unfinished wooden frame
- Glass dinner plate
- Wine glass
- Silver Charger or paper mache charger
- Masking tape
- 5/8” dauber
- Stencil brush
- 8/4” flat brush
- Liner brush
- Water basin
- Foam plates
- Paper towels
- Stencil the birds on the back of the plate in the Enamels Glitter Silver using dauber. Allow to dry. Add a second coat. Once the second coat has dried add a coat of Enamels Matallic Silver Sterling. Allow to dry and then add another coat. Add silver glitter dots around the outside of the plate using the end of a paint brush. Once the dots have dry. Paint the entire back with Enamels Wicker White. Allow to dry and then add another coat.
- Either paint the charger Sterlilng Silver and add the Extreme glitter on top or add Silver Extreme Glitter to the top of a silver charger.
- For the wine glass, stencil the flowers in the Enamel Wicker White. Allow to dry and then tape off about 1-1/4” from the edge of glass. Paint with the Enamel Silver Glitter using the dauber. Allow to dry and add the Wicker White dots with the end of a paint brush. Use the dauber to paint the bottom of the wine glass with the Enamel Extreme Glitter Silver.
- For the frame, basecoat the frame with Wicker White. Allow to dry. Tape off the bottom third portion of the frame and paint with Silver Sterling. Allow to dry and then add three coats of Extreme Glitter Silver.
- Stencil the birds in just Silver Sterling. Stencil the flower in Silver Sterling and then add the Extreme Glitter Silver Sterling in the center of the flowers.
- Because Enamel Glitter is being used, allow time for the pieces to air dry and cure instead of baking.
Read NextWedding Dollar Tree Vases Revamped