The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Giant Tassel Keychain Easy Yarn Craft
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
If you're always misplacing your keys and having a hard time fishing them out of your purse, make this Giant Tassel Keychain Easy Yarn Craft. This is one of those great scrap yarn projects anyone can enjoy. This giant tassel makes it easy to find your keys in my purse or laying on a table. Use super soft Bernat Chunky Yarn for this project - it's perfectly luxurious! If you need an excuse to use up your leftover yarn scraps, look no further than this project. DIY craft projects are a great excuse to get creative and make something that really stands out. Once you make one of these for yourself, be sure to make a few for your friends and family members - these tassels make great gifts!
- Bernat Chunky Yarn
- Large Split Ring or BinderRing, 2" to 3" diameter
- 5x7 chipboard piece
- Dimensions Needlecrafts Large XOXO Finished Pendant
Cut a notch into a piece of 57 chipboard about 1 down from the top on the 7 long side. The notch should cut into the chipboard about halfway. Slip a 6 piece of yarn into the slot.
Wrap the 57 chipboard along the 7 side with Bernat Chunky Yarn, about 15 times. Cut the end of the yarn when the tassel is the desired thickness.
Tie the scrap of yarn in the chipboard slot around the yarn bundle in a tight knot. Remove from the chipboard form.
Tightly wrap the tassel top with Bernat Chunky Yarn, securing with hot glue every so often until the wrapping is the desired thickness.
Slip a Binder Ring through all the loops at the top of the tassel.
Attach a stitched Dimensions Wood Pendant to the Binder Ring with a jump ring.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Crochet a mesh dishcloth out of a produce bag! You don't need to throw away the bag your oranges came in, and you don't need to go out… Continue reading: "Mesh Dishcloth Crochet Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Edible Outer Space Play Dough
- Easy Curled Ribbon Ornaments
- Diy Fabric Mason Jar Lid Ornaments
- Hairpin Lace Sleeveless Top
- What is Tatting?
- How To Paint On Glass
- How To Make Lipgloss
- Party Food Ideas: How To Make An Impressive Owl Meatloaf
- You've Been Booed Printable
- Campfire Earflap Beanie
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home