Decorative Paper Candle Cover
Use scrapbook paper to create a fun Decorative Paper Candle Cover from Tiffany Windsor. If you have a ton of paper and no scrapbooking ideas, this is the perfect project for you. Make the project more personal by adding embellishments and designs.
- Aleene’s Tacky Dot Singles
- Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue
- Scrapbook paper (I used cardstock weight)
- Candle vase
- Scissors (or paper cutter)
- Plastic pebbles (from floral department)
- Select desired candle vase and scrapbook papers.
- Lay candle vase on paper, mark cut line and cut along line with scissors or paper cutter.
- Wrap cut paper around candle vase to check fit.
- Apply Aleene’s Tacky Dot Singles to inside of paper along one edge. Remove liners, wrap paper around candle vase and press to secure glued edge in place.
- Apply dots of Aleene’s Super Thick Tacky Glue to paper. Let set for several minutes so that glue can tack up. This will give you a better hold.
- Press plastic pebbles into glue. Check every few minutes to be sure that none of the plastic pebbles are slipping. (Note: as an alternate method, you can also glue all the pebbles in place before you secure paper onto candle vase.)
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Create Scrapbook Paper Candle Sleeves.