Thanksgiving Day Play Props
Your kids will love these Thanksgiving craft ideas that allow them to use their imagination and recreate the first Thanksgiving. Let their creativity soar with these Thanksgiving Day Play Props. This is a great way to keep them occupied while you're finishing up dinner preparations. Just make sure that your video batteries are charged, because you will want to capture every moment on film. Create memories that you and your family will always cherish with this Thanksgiving activity for kids.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Tulip® Fabric Markers®
- C1 Primary 6pk (28974)
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter®
- C1 Black Fine Jewel (23560)
- C1 Gold Fine (23540)
- C1 Red Fine Jewel (23554)
- C1 Turquoise Jewel (23558)
- Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Cordless Heat Setting Tool™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
- C1 Clear (31752)
- Tulip® Fashion Glitter® Bond
- C1 Fashion Glitter Bond™ 4oz (29030)
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Craft knife
- Felt (white, red, yellow, black, green, turquoise)
- Pilgrim hat pattern
- Bonnet pattern
- Native American headpiece pattern
- Corn pattern
- Bonnet ruffle pattern
- Print out patterns and cut out. Trace each onto cardboard and cut out.
- Use chalk to trace patterns onto felt, using the photo to reference corresponding felt colors with patterns. Cut felt at least ¼” larger than template and glue to cardboard cutouts with Original Tacky Glue.
- Draw in details on the corn and bonnet with the black Fabric Marker as shown.
- Embellish props with coordinating colors of Fashion Glitter, using Glitter Bond to adhere. Let dry.
- Add crystals where desired and set in place with Cordless Heat Setting Tool.
- Hot glue sticks to back of props. Let dry, then cut small swatches of felt and use Original Tacky Glue to glue over exposed portions of sticks on backside of props. Let dry.