Polymer Clay Snowman
Decorate your table, mantel or desk with winter crafts! One of the cutest season projects you'll find is this Polymer Clay Snowman from Linda Peterson. It doesn't take long to put this little guy together and, once you show it off, you'll be glad you did!
- Polymer clay: White, black and orange along with any accent colors desired
- Plaid ribbon
- Toothpick or needle tool
- Knitting needle
- Ceramic tile (optional)
- Baby wipes
- These are the basic shapes needed to make a snowman.
- Roll a 3/4” ball on one side to create a tapered log.
- Repeat this three more times.
- Create a large tapered log from a 2” ball. To create the body, press the thick end down on the work surface while pulling the thinner end upwards to elongate the neckline.To create the legs, push the thick end up towards the thinner end creating a foot.
- Press arms and legs to body.
- Create a 1” ball for head. Roll a tiny piece of orange clay into a triangle for the nose.
- Pre-bake small black balls. Press in for eyes.
- Draw in smile and eyebrows with needle tool.
- Press head to body.
- Bake according to manufacturer’s directions for approximately 1 hour. Allow to cool.Tie the ribbon around his neck.
- Add chalk “blush” to his cheeks and the bottom of his feet.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Polymer Clay Snowman.
Read NextDoorstop Snowman