Sock Bed for Kitty
Here is a a way to recycle all those old fluffy worn out socks, the ones with a hole in the toe! Make a sock bed to fit a cat or small dog. Your pet will love it!
- 4 pair of worn out fluffy socks (any color)
- 1 yard + 2” of solid color felt (to match the main color used in socks)
- Quilting thread to match
- Thin quilt batting & cotton stuffing
- Sewing machine
- Straight pins
- Cut 2 - 18” circles out of the felt (can make larger for larger pets).
- Cut 1 – 17 ¾ “circle out of quilt batting.
- Stack the circles, felt on top, quilt batting in middle, felt on bottom. Sew a seam stitch around circumference of circles ¼” from the outer edge. Set aside.
- Lay each sock flat and cut 1 ½” off the toe* end. Leave the heel on, it helps curve the circle. Turn the socks inside-out, seam one cuff to the other lower foot area together mixing colors for a design, until all are joined and you have a long tube. Leave the end of the tube open for stuffing.
- Pin the tube to the edge of the felt circles about ¼ “ inside the circumference all the way around and sew the sock tube to the felt circles using quilting thread for a sturdy seam. Stuff the open end of the sock tube until solid and puffing up for a pillow for your pet. Sew the stuffing seam together and put in your pet. Your reward: Purrs or Wags!
*Toe End Sachets – fill the toe with dried rose, lavender, or magnolia petals wrapped inside a thin piece of batting and sew the open area together. Throw these in your drawers.
Read NextVintage-Inspired DIY Apron