Felt Donut Pin Cushion
Celebrate your sweet-tooth with this sewing project for a cute donut pincushion. Stacy Schlyer of Stacy Sews added sugar cookie fragrance to the stuffing for an added bonus while sewing!
- 2 large felt squares in brown or other color for donut
- 1 felt square in pink or other frosting color
- Sprinkle Beads
- Craft Stuffing
- Optional: Scent, Sweet-topped pins
- Place two felt squares together, draw a large circle and a smaller circle (inside of the larger one) on one (wrong) side of felt.
- Sew the large circle, right sides together. Cut small circle out, leaving a 1/4 seam allowance.
- Turn right side out.
- Stuff the donut. Insert fragrance now if you like.
- Sew small circle shut (you'll have to hand stitch this once closed, tucking the raw edges inside).
- Cut pink (or other 'frosting' color) felt the same size as donut.
- Decorate with beads, etc. for sprinkles and sew onto stuffed donut.