Etchall Paint Products
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Etchall Paint Products
Gifted by Etchall
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
Glass etching may look complicated, but it's actually quite easy...and fun! Giving a matted look to everything from mirrors to Mason jars is a great way to add a unique look to your home decor, and all you need is a few simple tools to get the job done.
With lots of great supplies and tools from which to choose, the folks at Etchall have everything you need to create amazing craft projects by etching glass. We were lucky enough to be able to play with some of it, and we loved all the projects we were able to make with Etchall products. Here's a breakdown of what we used and how you can create amazing home decor, jewelry, accessories, and so much more!
Etching to Paint
This book is filled with 36 awesome etchware projects. With easy-to-read instructions and step-by-step photos, this book is great for the beginner, and I found it extremely useful for inspiring my own etched designs. Each designer in this book offers great tips and suggestions as well as a detailed supply list for every project so that you can get the job done.
Etchall Etching Creme
For creating designs on glass, mirrors, marble, slate, ceramic, and ink, you're going to need the Etchall Etching Creme. Best used with stencils of your choice, this creme gives a subtle decoration to your piece. Stencil glass coasters or add a decorative boarder around your mirror or sliding glass door. Etching creme is very easy to use and is made even easier when you use the tools given to you by Etchall, like the Squeegee and Detail Pick Tool. These items make etching all the more fun and give you the tools it takes to create something that looks professionally designed.
I couldn't wait to start playing around with the Etchall Etching Creme. I decided to create the little hummingbird coaster and, though I was nervous at first, I was so surprised at how easy and fun this was! Here's how it happened:
First, clean off the glass surface with a lint-free paper towel or cloth. Apply the stencil. You can use your own if you like, but I loved this hummingbird from Etchall. Use the Squeegee to make sure the stencil is secure, pressing out any air bubbles.
Apply a heavy coat of Etchall Creme. The consistency is similar to peanut butter, and a little goes a long way.
Use the squeegee to spread out the creme over the whole coaster. Let sit for 15 minutes.
After time has elapsed, use the squeegee to remove the majority of the creme and return it back to the jar.
Rinse the remaining creme off under warm running water. Once all the creme is removed, remove the stencil and dry thoroughly. You have a brand new coaster!
Here are some beautiful projects made by Etchall artist, Julie McGuffee. I hope one of them inspires you!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Fusion Illusion Fabric Collection
- Deborah Norville Collection Everyday Yarn
- Everyday Soft Worsted Print Yarn
- Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition
- SEI Iron On Flock Transfers
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- Red Heart Gumdrop Yarn
- Hot Ribbon Art
- Practical Origami
- Everything Mary Rolling Scrapbook Tote
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Farmhouse Thanksgiving
- Paper Bag Turkey Dinner
- How to Make 7 Watercolor Backgrounds
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home